College Policy Debate Forums
January 16, 2018, 07:06:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Emporia State University -- New GA Coaching Position  (Read 4271 times)
Samuel Maurer

« on: April 02, 2014, 11:37:22 AM »

ESU will be shifting their funding for our current assistant coaching position into a graduate assistant position for the 2014-2015 debate season.

The GA would have normal coaching responsibilities (travel with the team, research, practice, etc.). The funding would include a full tuition and fees waiver and competitive stipend.

The student would be eligible to enroll in any graduate program at ESU. Listed here:

http://www.emporia.edu/grad/admissions/graduate-degree-listing.html

While ESU does not have a communication graduate program, students interested in getting a graduate degree in something other than communication my find many of our programs interesting.

I just received this news upon my return from the NDT so there are probably still a lot of questions to be answered. What I would like to do now is develop a working-list of students who are interested in the position.

Please email me if you are interested. Thanks!

smaurer@emporia.edu
Samuel Maurer

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 11:22:44 AM »

Here are some additional details about the position:

- $7400 stipend
- Additional Employment opportunities at local high school
- No teaching requirement; may adjunct for additional salary
- Emporia has an exceptionally low cost of living
- Position guarantees acceptance to any ESU graduate program (listed here: http://www.emporia.edu/grad/admissions/graduate-degree-listing.html)
- Ideal position for student wanting to study something other than communication
- ESU's college of education is fantastic; good opportunity for potential future high school coach

Please contact me smaurer(at)emporia.edu if you are interested in the position.

Sam
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: