College Policy Debate Forums
September 21, 2018, 10:30:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please Help  (Read 1240 times)
jms787s1

« on: April 11, 2014, 11:01:54 PM »

Hello everyone,

I was hesitant to post anything on the forums  because I know this is not the appropriate place for this, but I decided to go ahead and ask for your help because it is important to my wife and she has sacrificed a tremendous amount to allow me to be involved in debate.

My daughter is in the semifinals for Parent Magazine's cover photo contest.  The winner is determined by voting by the public at large.  This is a National contest and she has climbed the ranks substantially (She is currently in 4th place) since the contest opened because of the votes of friends and family.  I now would ask for the help of my friends in the debate community.  Voting only takes a second and you can vote on cell phones, computers or tablets.  To vote just click on or copy and paste the following link into your browser.

http://www.parents.com/photos/parents-cover-contest-2014/2014-04-07/11xpv

I have been married for over six years and have 4 children.  My wife has sacrificed tremendously, both personally and professionally, for me to continue to be involved in debate.  We don't ever really talk about how the long hours, squad meetings, research, travel, tournament stress, etc. effect those in our personal lives.  While I am doing something that I love, she is home alone caring for the people I love.  Without her support and tolerance I would of left the activity years ago. 

She doesn't ask much from me for this sacrifice, but she has asked this one time that I use my ties in the  debate community to help our daughter win this contest.  Therefore, because of her sacrifice, and the fact that she is really cute and I wanted to show her off to the everyone, I decided this was probably relevant enough to post on these forums.

Please take a minute to vote.  You can vote once a day and voting closes on Sunday.  I promise I won't use this platform for items like this in the future. 

Thanks,

Justin Stanley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: