College Policy Debate Forums
November 22, 2017, 09:36:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ADA Business Meeting  (Read 3309 times)
mph

« on: April 17, 2014, 07:54:13 AM »

Is Friday, May 16 in Washington DC.  JP is finalizing hotel details which we will post here shortly.
Lwrnc

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 01:25:18 PM »

Where is ADA Nats next year?  I'm currently trying to fit it into our calendar. 
DanielleOGorman

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 04:56:05 PM »

Members:  Please submit any business you'd like to discuss (amendments to the standing rules, etc) to me via email at danielle.verney@gmail.com

I would like to have at least a draft agenda by COB May 9 (though in the past we've allowed late amendments to the draft agenda).  I will post both the draft agenda and the text of any amendments to the rules on the forums.

Thanks!
Danielle O'Gorman
Navy Debate
mph

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 03:11:35 PM »

The ADA Meeting will take place at the Courtyard by Marriott, Tyson's Corner.  Rooms are $99.00.  The hotel is not on the metro, but you can take a taxi directly from the airport or from the Vienna or Dunn Loring stops on the orange line.  The hotel is across the street from the Tyson's Corner Shopping Center with many good food options.  There is free on-site parking for those who drive.

We expect the block rate to be active sometime tomorrow, so please wait until Friday before calling.
mph

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 04:34:17 PM »

Reservations link:

https://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/group-corporate-travel/groupCorp.mi?resLinkData=American%20Debate%20Association%5EWASTN%60ADAADAA%7CADAADAB%6099.00%60USD%60false%605/15/14%605/17/14%605/5/14&app=resvlink&stop_mobi=yes

Alternatively, you can call (703) 790-0207 and ask for the American Debate Association block.

kbertram

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 07:08:41 PM »

Just to be clear, Tyson's Corner is not Washington, DC.  You need a passport to cross the Potomac River.
SamanthaEGodbey

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 10:44:53 AM »

Hello Everyone!

I am just posting this in case anyone has questions about paying dues, your institution must pay them to vote, you can bring $50.00 to the meeting. If you have to pay by credit card you will need to do so on the AFA website, if this happens I do not think it will be processed by the time the meeting so please bring me a copy of the receipt.

If you have any questions about membership feel free to email me at SamanthaEGodbey@gmail.com!

Thanks! See everyone soon!
DanielleOGorman

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 06:30:35 AM »

Gentle reminder--I would like any business to be submitted by Friday May 9 if possible, so that I can put out an agenda and list of amendments by Monday May 12 and people have a few days to look it over.  Right now I have received one amendment and one proposal to host ADA Nationals; elections will also be conducted. 
mph

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 10:20:55 AM »

We are meeting in the Old Dominion room at the Courtyard.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: