College Policy Debate Forums
December 16, 2018, 08:19:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing the William J. Taylor Internship Recipient  (Read 2092 times)
saraheweiner

« on: May 04, 2014, 08:59:45 PM »

It is my pleasure to announce that Colin McElhinny from the University of Mary Washington has been selected as this year's Taylor Intern!

Here is the formal announcement from Dr. Kath Hicks, senior vice president, Henry A. Kissinger Chair, and director of the International Security Program at CSIS:

To the Debate Community,

In 1997, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) established the William J. Taylor internship to recognize the outstanding training intercollegiate debate provides by reserving at least one internship annually at CSIS, exclusively for a college debater.

Named after the former West Point debate coach and CSIS vice president, this award acknowledges the tremendous personal, academic, and professional sacrifices required to reach the top echelon of competitive debate, and enables debaters to test their interest in a professional career in policymaking in international affairs.

This year, the 18th year it has been granted, we are pleased to announce Colin McElhinny from the University of Mary Washington has won this year’s Taylor award. Given the combination of his debate success, recommendations from the community, and interest in investigating a potential career in the field, Colin has won the opportunity to continue the remarkable track record of success that previous debaters have established within CSIS. The reputation that previous award winners have established has made policy debaters valued commodities in CSIS and beyond.

Applications for the 19th annual internship, for 2015, will be formally announced next year. All debaters who graduate in December 2014 or later are welcome to apply.

In the meantime, congratulations to Colin for an opportunity well deserved. I hope some of the rest of you will seek the same experience next year or beyond.

Sincerely,

Dr. Kath Hicks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: