College Policy Debate Forums
November 20, 2017, 10:18:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decriminalize HIV Status  (Read 2868 times)
gabemurillo

« on: June 08, 2014, 09:07:16 PM »

Here is my paper on including the decriminalization of HIV status and transmission in the topic. This is obviously not an exhaustive paper on the area, but I believe it is sufficient to evaluate the inclusion of the area.

* Decriminalize HIV Status Paper.docx (79.74 KB - downloaded 298 times.)
Trond Jacobsen

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 09:11:45 PM »

Yes. Do it.
Sam Allen

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 04:08:10 PM »

I would love to see decriminalization of HIV on some ballot options, but I have included a slightly different wording option than "HIV Status"

First document is my wording suggestion, evidence to support it, reasoning against "status," and reasons why Latham/Policy Justice Project didn't convince me in favor of "status."

Second document is a 'highlighting' of Gabe's first wording paper which led me to think that a different wording would be valuable. Certainly it runs the risk of seeming as though the research is following a simple "ctrl F" test, but I noticed the repeated particular use of very specific terminology that made it stand out as possibly valuable clarifications of the topic.

best,
sam

* HIV Wording Suggestion.docx (148.57 KB - downloaded 233 times.)
* Gabe - Highlighted to emphasize transmission, exposure, non-disclosure.docx (74.7 KB - downloaded 328 times.)
gabemurillo

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 04:18:10 PM »

I think this is great - thanks for doing this!
Adam Symonds

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 05:50:55 PM »

Solid reading there, Sam!
gabemurillo

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 03:22:35 PM »

The Latham article

* That One Article .pdf (158.26 KB - downloaded 281 times.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: