College Policy Debate Forums
June 23, 2018, 01:21:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UNLV Assistant Director of Debate position--Accepting applications  (Read 1061 times)
jakethompson

« on: July 03, 2014, 05:08:50 PM »

The UNLV ADoD position has officially been approved.  We are now accepting applications and want to move as quickly as possible to fill the (currently vacant) position.

Here is the "official" job ad:

The University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Department of Communication Studies invites applications for a one-year Visiting Instructor position to serve as the Assistant Director of Debate for the Sanford I. Berman Debate Forum.  The Assistant Director of Debate will act as a classroom instructor, and assist in coaching and directing the Universityís Debate Team.

Responsibilities include teaching a 1-2 course load, coaching and teaching debate skills, assisting debaters with the preparation of arguments, coordinating research efforts and completing files, traveling with the team to tournaments, judging at tournaments, assisting with student recruitment, assisting with tournament hosting, watching practice debates, participating in or running debate staff and team meetings, serving as the league director for the Las Vegas Debate League, and other duties as needed.

A Masterís degree and four or more years of active participation in intercollegiate debate as a debater and/or coach are required. The ideal candidate will be an experienced teacher, debate educator, and competitive coach.

This is a one-year position, which may be renewable.  Salary is competitive, and health insurance benefits are included.  Additional compensation is possible (but not guaranteed) for teaching summer courses, and for working with the Sanford I. Berman Debate Forumís summer high school debate institute.

Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. 

Qualified candidates should email 

(1)   a letter of application including
a.   a summary of teaching experience, including evidence of excellence in teaching
b.   a summary of debate experience, including evidence of excellence in debate/coaching
(2)   a teaching philosophy,
(3)   a current Curriculum Vitae,
(4)   up to three letters of recommendation to:

jacob.thompson@unlv.edu

Thank you!

Jacob Thompson
Director, Sanford I. Berman Debate Forum
Associate Professor in Residence,
Department of Communication Studies
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
www.unlv.edu/debate

If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to contact me via email.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: