College Policy Debate Forums
October 18, 2018, 05:09:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: JMU tournament 2014  (Read 1720 times)
Mike Davis

« on: August 07, 2014, 08:47:10 AM »

A full invite is coming but after talking to some folks JMU will be hosting Oct 4-6 for one year instead of Morgan State. Adam Jackson will serve as the tournament director and any proceeds from the tournament will be donated to the Morgan State debate team.

If you have any questions please let me know.
neil berch

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 10:36:23 AM »

This is so cool!
1.  A new program in D7! (add appropriate number of additional exclamation points to suit you).
2.  It's at a Historically Black University!
3.  The program is being run by (to borrow phrasing from Ms. Keenan) "Children of D7"!
4.  They've accomplished so much by their mid-20s (stopping a jail, passing an important law, starting what is fast becoming the preeminent high school debate institute in the country).  So, starting a mere college debate program should be a breeze for them.
5.  They're getting logistical support from an established D7 program.
Given all of that, I imagine all of D7 (and the Northeast) will be flocking to Harrisonburg to support the new Morgan State program.  After all, that's what we're all about!  Go Bears!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 10:41:29 AM by neil berch » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: