College Policy Debate Forums
December 09, 2018, 05:43:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Val RR & Mukai Invitational Hotel Reservations  (Read 3191 times)
vguevara

« on: August 12, 2014, 11:30:01 AM »

Just a friendly reminder to make your hotel reservations for the Val Round Robin and Mukai Invitational by September 1st. After that, I will be unable to get anyone the $87 rate and they anticipate that the rate for those newly renovated rooms will be $149.

I recommend calling, as opposed to using the website. For starters you can only reserve one room at a time, but also it will show "call" on some nights (which is a ghosting error) but when you proceed to reserve, it actually reserves all of your nights correctly. So while it's functional, it's not really up to par.

We have lots of great entries and we're looking forward to seeing everyone in October. You can find reservation details on the webpage.

http://www.weberswing.com/hotel
vguevara

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 11:22:49 AM »

Mukai attendees: I received a fare sale alert to SLC for the first weekend in October.

Clicked around and if you haven't purchased your airfare, now would be the time.

Also, remember that hotel block is open until September 1st.

ATL: $301
AUS: $264
DCA: $318
DFW: $233
LAS: $165
LAX: $185
MCI: $213
OAK: $185
OKC: $219
ORD: $275
SAT: $284

www.weberswing.com
vguevara

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 12:12:10 PM »

A couple of Val/Mukai announcements:

1. Hotel: Our 100 room block filled up, so we have added in another 3 kings and 14 doubles. That is as much as we were able to expand the block. I know some of those additional rooms have been snatched up but there are a few left for anyone who is still looking to make reservations for the Mukai.

It's very unlikely we'll be able to secure any more so we are already working on securing a rate at the Hilton Garden Inn across the street and we will be providing that booking information soon.

2. If you are entered at the Val, please make sure you include your judging. Each team needs to choose one representative to judge on behalf of your institution and that person needs to be entered on tabroom. If you haven't yet had a chance to add your Val round robin teams to the Mukai, please do so as well, so we have an accurate head count of our guests, including all of your judges.

And of course, if you're still looking to register for the Mukai, there's still time to throw your hat in and we would love to have you back in Ogden.

http://www.weberswing.com/
vguevara

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 10:24:35 AM »

The 115 room block at the Summit/Marriott is currently sold out for the dates of the Mukai, however, there is availability for the Val round robin dates. So if you still need rooms for the round robin, you have until September 1st to book those dates with our rate.

We have secured a small second block at the Hilton Garden Inn across the street. The rates are tiered by number of guests in each room: $85 double, $95 triple and $105 quad occupancy. You can book online www.ogdenut.hgi.com and use DEBATE as the group code (that field appears under "more options" and then select "Add special rate code") or you can call (801)399-2000.

I am in the process of setting up a third block at the Hampton (formerly a Hyatt) a block down from the tournament hotel. A quick walk that includes a stop at Beyond Glazed for donuts gets you to the tournament hotel in 5 minutes. They will have more doubles available than the Hilton, with a rate of $94 for quad occupancy. The rate includes free breakfast every morning. You'll have the option of using their free parking garage self park option or valet for $12/day. I'm still moving that paperwork but I'll have booking info soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: