College Policy Debate Forums
January 23, 2018, 05:43:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cancelling 2014 App State Tournament in Winston Salem  (Read 1659 times)
Jarrod Atchison

« on: September 11, 2014, 11:43:07 AM »

We lost the high school for App State. We decided that it was better to cancel now while folks still had time to adjust their travel schedules rather than scrambling to try for another location and have to cancel later. We are hoping to secure another location for future years. We apologize for the inconvenience.
neil berch

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 02:09:13 PM »

Hi, everyone!  With App. St. being cancelled, Ive gotten a couple of inquiries about the possibility of WVU hosting that weekend (November 14-16, opposite Wake).  Im still checking on classroom and hotel availability (should know by Monday), but I want to see if there is actual demand.  We would offer a Friday-Sunday tournament, beginning at around 4:30 or 5:00 pm on Friday.  It wouldnt be our usual zero entry fees, but theyd be lower than the norm (maybe a lot lower, with fewer meals; well see).  Wed offer 3 divisions, assuming there is enough Open demand.
Wed like to gauge interest and see how that matches up with classroom availability.  If you think youd be interested, please let me know.  If you know youre not interested, please let me know.  Also, please let me know if either of the following non-sweepstakes-valuable formats might interest you:
1.    One big division, 6 rounds, with outrounds up to Doubles (I guess that might not be non-sweepstakes-valuable to some);  JV and Novice breakouts starting at Semis.
2.   7 rounds for all:  2 on Friday evening, 3 on Saturday, followed by bowling, 2 on Sunday, with everyone on the road at 2 pm (no outrounds; awards based on prelims).
In the absence of one of those, wed offer 2 rounds on Friday, 4 on Saturday (plus Doubles if necessary/bowling as well), and remaining outrounds on Sunday.
Thanks!--Neil
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: