College Policy Debate Forums
November 22, 2017, 07:28:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New ADA End of Year Award  (Read 4202 times)
lgarrett

« on: September 15, 2014, 03:38:07 PM »

Hello,

Over the summer the members of the ADA ratified the creation of a new award that will be given at ADA nationals. The award will be given to the team that best performs at ADA sanctioned tournaments throughout the year.

The award will be determined by a combination of a team's strength of schedule and elim performance. These metrics have been established in advance and will be determined mathematically. If you have questions about the particular calculations, feel free to email me at---lincolngarrett49@gmail.com

We (and by we I mean Palmer), are in the process of getting these standings displayed on tabroom.

William Mosley-Jensen

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 04:06:22 PM »

This is a cool idea. Do you know who would have won it last year based on the metrics? Just curious.
lgarrett

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 04:50:05 PM »

The prototype model was based on majors not the ADA. . .it did identify NU MV as the best team and the 16 first round teams as the 16 best teams although not in the same order.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: