College Policy Debate Forums
June 18, 2018, 01:04:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coaches Poll 2014-2015  (Read 2503 times)
Seth Gannon

« on: September 25, 2014, 03:31:01 PM »

Hello friends,

A few debaters and coaches came up to me at GSU and asked if the coaches poll was alive and well. Quite honestly I was hoping to get one programmed into Tabroom.com and let it run itself, but all summer I forgot to email Hardy and Palmer. With any luck later in the season or by next year, it will all be automatic. In the meantime, I'm happy to keep doing it (or happy not to, if someone is particularly eager).

Of the five years I've done it, last year had by far the fewest voters. Until some folks made clear last weekend that they want the poll, I figured interest was fading. I think I'll do it this way: I'll publish notices like past years, and if 15 or more ballots come in, I'll publish the results.

I'll be at fewer tournaments this year, but I don't think that matters. Ultimately, if debaters enjoy the recognition, I'm more than happy to do it.

Remember, any coach is welcome to vote -- just one ballot per school.

Rank the top 25 teams in the country and send your list to sethegannon [at] gmail.com. I'll tabulate it the same way as every year.

With UMKC and GSU behind us, let's set the first due date at this coming Monday, September 29.

Thanks & congrats Towson, Harvard, Oklahoma, Northwestern, and others on a strong start,

seth
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 03:34:41 PM by Seth Gannon » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: