College Policy Debate Forums
July 16, 2018, 08:17:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick WVU tournament info  (Read 1633 times)
neil berch

« on: September 30, 2014, 06:04:00 PM »

Hi, everyone!  I hope to have the full invite out before I leave for JMU on Friday, but for now, some key info:
6 rounds, 3 divisions, appropriate number of outrounds.  CEDA sanctioned.
Friday, November 13-Sunday, November 15
2 rounds on Friday, starting at 4:30
4 rounds on Saturday, plus any Doubles in the evening.
Remaining outrounds and awards on campus on Sunday.
Hotel is Hampton Inn, great facility. $99 per night, should have almost all Double-Doubles, some Kings plus sofabeds as well.  Free and good breakfast.
Block deadline is October 30.  The number is 304-599-1200.  Ask for the WVU Debate block.  If you have issues, the sales manager, Clinton Kinder, can help you.
Food at tournament will be limited.  Snacks on Friday, very light breakfasts (eat at the hotel!).  Lunch on Saturday is on your own in Student Union (cheap, quick, and across the street).  Snacks and coffee all day on Saturday and Sunday.  Sunday, we will provide a box lunch after awards to accommodate both those staying and those leaving.
Your fees would cover the coffee/snacks, the box lunch, awards, bringing in some quality and diverse extra judging, but:
I can now announce that fees will once again be zero dollars per person (or, if you prefer, zero dollars per team).  You still need to cover your judging.
If you have issues related to coordination with your Wake travel, let me know and we'll try to help.
We hope to see many of you in Morgantown soon!--Neil

--Neil Berch
West Virginia University
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: