College Policy Debate Forums
January 22, 2018, 06:33:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FYI - playing show downtown tonight  (Read 1468 times)
csedelmyer

« on: March 07, 2010, 02:16:39 PM »

Lots of people have asked me about this, so at the risk of being criticized for posting a single non-debate-related post to the cedaforum, here are the live music logistics for tonight:

I'm playing fiddle with a 60s, 70s, 80s country band from 8pm - midnight at Layla's Bluegrass Inn (418 Broadway - close to campus).

Directions from campus: Turn right onto West End going toward downtown. West End becomes Broadway. Layla's is on the left side of the road between 5th and 4th Ave. Vanderbilt is at 21st Ave.

No cover - all bands on Broadway play for tips. Note: it's 21+ after 6pm.

Parking: If you're driving yourself, any metered spots are fair game and unenforced after 6. You can also try street parking on Commerce (1 block North) between 4th and 5th or on Franklin St (2 long blocks South) between 4th and 5th, behind the Country Music Hall of Fame. That said, street parking can sometimes be hard to find and the downtown lots can get expensive, so I'd highly recommend carpooling if you can. If your hotel is on West End in between campus and downtown, I'd suggest walking. If it's too far to walk & you don't have a vehicle, a cab should be relatively cheap and easy to find whenever you want to leave.

Hope you see you down there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: