College Policy Debate Forums
January 20, 2018, 10:24:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: University of Pittsburgh GA Slots  (Read 1460 times)
Paul Elliott Johnson

« on: November 07, 2014, 10:58:05 AM »

The University of Pittsburgh has several assistantships available each year for graduate students accepted into our Department of Communication. The department houses the William Pitt Debating Union, one of North America's oldest debating societies. We have one of the most well-supported teams in the country housed in a graduate program, with a tenure stream director, a lecturer-level associate director, a dedicated program administrator, and graduate assistants.

Our program features top tier scholars of media, rhetoric, and culture, and is an excellent place to pursue a graduate degree. Pittsburgh is routinely ranked as one of the most livable cities in America, our program's record of job placement is excellent, and we have an up and coming group of talented, hardworking debaters, along with an existing group of assistant coaches that are a joy to work with. Former assistants have gone on to tenure-stream jobs in rhetoric at Nebraska, UM-Flint, coaching gigs like the directorship at Minnesota and Mary Washington, among others.

If you are interested in the program don't hesitate to contact me (I'm the associate director) or Dr. Shanara Reid-Brinkley (the tenure stream director) at pejohnso at pitt dot edu or srb at pitt dot edu respectively. I will also be at Wake Forest, the Glenbrooks, Scranton, and NCA and am happy to talk to people there. Please seek me out if you are interested. We also have a January 1st deadline for applications, so if you're interested, don't tarry!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: