College Policy Debate Forums
September 21, 2018, 07:53:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coaches Poll - Due 11/24  (Read 2606 times)
leahmoczulski

« on: November 18, 2014, 12:14:06 PM »

Hey Y'all,
I did say that I was interested in bringing back the coaches poll. I will be using the same methodology that Seth used when tabulating results of the poll. It seemed like there was a lot of interest (especially from students) for bringing back the rankings - so debaters make sure you encourage your coaches to submit their rankings. Let's aim for ballots on Monday the 24th by midnight.

- To vote, answer the question, “In rank order, who are currently the twenty-five best partnerships in the country?” and e-mail your list to leahmoczulski [at] gmail.com

- The 1st team on each ballot receives 25 points; the 2nd receives 24 points; etc., until the 25th team receives 1 point. In case of ties, points for those spots will be evenly divided.

- I will accept one ballot per school, submitted by a coach.

- Your rankings will be private. However, I will publish an alphabetical list of schools that voted.

- You are welcome to rank your own teams for the sake of accuracy, but they will not receive points for your ballot.

- Each team’s total score will be divided by the number of voters eligible to rank it, so that no school is disadvantaged by voting.

- No school or college debate organization is undertaking this poll, and it should be understood that voters do not invest as much time as a voter for NDT at-large bids, etc.
Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: