College Policy Debate Forums
September 23, 2018, 04:34:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: University of Texas at Tyler ADOD Search  (Read 2391 times)
Matt Gayetsky

« on: December 02, 2014, 09:43:40 AM »

Official Call:

The University of Texas at Tyler invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of Forensics.  Bachelorís degree in Communication or related field required at the time of appointment. Masterís degree in Communication is preferred and could offer possible opportunity to teach a lower division course in the Speech Communication major.  Experience in competitive inter-collegiate debate is highly desirable. Experience in other forensics activities a plus. Responsibilities include managing some of the daily practice debates and assisting with day-to-day operations of the Forensics program.
The Department of Communication has approximately 150 undergraduate majors and offers degrees in journalism--with options in news editorial and public relations--and speech communication. The debate team competes on both national and regional circuits, and is a member of the National Parliamentary Debate Association. These competitive activities are complemented by a commitment to grow the importance of debate on campus.

Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until position has been filled. Interested applicants should send a letter of application, curriculum vita, and contact information for references to Matthew Gayetsky, Director of Forensics at: mgayetsky@uttyler.edu

The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States.  This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code Section 51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.  Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. The University of Texas at Tyler is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

http://www.higheredjobs.com/details.cfm?JobCode=175987372

Unofficially, if people have any particular questions about the transition from CEDA to the world of NPDA, feel free to send me an email directly. I found myself surprised about how similar this parli circuit compares to policy in both form and content. Despite its similarities, it doesn't hurt that since you only get the resolutions 20 minutes before the debate you can say goodbye to long nights of cutting cards. For a sense of the types of topics we debate over in NPDA, feel free to check out http://parlitournament.com/ and for all other questions, send them my way!
Matt Gayetsky

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 12:44:22 PM »

Happy New Year everyone,

I just wanted to notify everyone that we will begin reviewing applications on January 15th, so to receive full consideration candidates are advised to have all of their materials submitted by that date.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: