College Policy Debate Forums
December 19, 2018, 10:05:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USC Associate Director of Debate & Forensics  (Read 3546 times)
stables
Administrator

« on: December 27, 2014, 06:13:53 PM »

I will be posting the list to apply directly on the USC jobs site shortly, but I wanted to share the job description. We will be reviewing candidates this spring to bring in a new Associate Director this fall. I will be at the USC, Fullerton and Texas tournaments to speak with folks in person. I can also be reached directly at stables@usc.edu if you have any questions.

-------

The USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism seeks a full-time non tenure-track lecturer to serve as the Associate Director of Debate and Forensics of the Trojan Debate Squad. The position will assist the Director by providing the primary, day-to-day, coaching and management of the Trojan Debate Squad and will oversee the Squad’s competitive participation in intercollegiate policy (NDT/CEDA) and support Worlds Debate program. The Associate Director will also assist in coordinating and hosting tournaments on campus, and continue USC’s efforts to support the Urban Debate League high school debate outreach programs in Los Angeles. The Associate Director will teach one class per semester, typically Argumentation or Public Speaking. The position will report to the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs/Director of Debate and Forensics, who will provide oversight and guidance.

The USC Annenberg Trojan Debate Squad enjoys a rich and distinguished history. The Debate Society was chartered in 1880 as the first student organization recognized on campus. Over the years USC has qualified for the National Debate Tournament (NDT) in more years than any other university and has qualified every year since 1963. Today, supported by the Annenberg School, the Squad competes in intercollegiate debate, hosts public debate programs, supports high school debate, and develops digital debate platforms and experiences. The Associate Director will ensure the winning tradition of USC Debate, and will have the vision to build the program for the future. The successful candidate will possess the coaching, administrative, supervisory, and budgetary skills expected of a leader of a preeminent forensics program.

Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. USC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.

Gordon Stables
Assistant Dean for Student Affairs
Director of Debate & Forensics
Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism
University of Southern California
stables
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 12:52:23 PM »

The link to apply for the position is now available at https://jobs.usc.edu/postings/39869

I will be at the UT tournament this weekend and happy to speak with anyone who has questions. I can also be reached at stables@usc.edu if you would like to find another time to chat about the position.

Gordon

Gordon Stables
stables
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 03:20:23 PM »

We have already emailed all of the applicants, but I wanted to publicly update our job search process. In order to have time for each finalist to meet faculty and students, we are extending the search into the fall semester. This has two significant components:

The Associate Director position - We have already invited each current applicant with intercollegiate debate experience to keep their application under consideration. We will also be inviting other applicants to have their materials into us by mid-August.

Our new schedule is to finalize the applicant review by late August and conduct interviews with the finalists in late September to mid-October. We are hopeful this will allow us to have a formal offer letter to the top candidate before mid-November. The contract will begin in the Summer of 2016.

New Part-Time Assistant Coach positions for 15-16 - Our interim plan for 15-16 involves several (2-3) new assistant coaches to work alongside myself and Brian McBride. The new folks will be part-time and just focusing on argument support and tournament coaching. These folks don't need to be local and they will not teach or have other non-debate related tasks. Salary will be dictated by the specific amount of involvement, but compensation will be competitive with similar assistant coaching positions.

We are starting to accept applications for these positions now. Simply email me at stables@usc.edu to begin that conversation.

Thanks
Gordon

Gordon Stables
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: