College Policy Debate Forums
June 23, 2018, 12:38:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aaron Thomas  (Read 9448 times)
SherryHall

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2015, 11:14:51 AM »

Aaron Thomas Killed In US 169 Accident; Rasheed A. Cottonham Injured Buchanan County, Missouri
Posted on January 2, 2015 by JimmyBoyd   

Aaron Thomas has been killed in a one-car crash in Buchanan County, Missouri. It was on US 169, 4 miles south of the town of St. Joseph. The date was Thursday, January 1, 2015, and the time was around 7:45 in the morning.

Thomas, who was a passenger, was 24 and from Kansas City, Missouri. The driver was Rasheed A. Cottonham, and he was operating a Toyota Corolla. Cottonham is 25. He is also from Kansas City, and he had moderate injuries.

According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Cottonham overturned after going off the road and overcorrecting. The Toyota then hit a fence and stopped in a pasture.

Thomas was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident. Cottonham was sent to Mosaic Life. The report says that both victims were wearing their seat belt. But the cause has not been determined.
SherryHall

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2015, 11:38:53 AM »

RIP Aaron.
SherryHall

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 11:41:29 AM »

Aaron Thomas was a good man and the world is a bit harder place without him in it. He was gentle in spirit and sharp in wit. I am grateful to have crossed paths with him. I will hug my children and wife closer tonight in his memory. RIP Aaron
SherryHall

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 11:42:03 AM »

I am utterly speechless!!!! It was only yesterday (August) I was just chatting with him about fellow debaters going to the Kansas area . I will forever miss his presence at debate workshop, as I have seen his smiling face for the last four years.
SherryHall

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2015, 07:57:15 PM »

Still in Shock that my Bratha Aaron Thomas has passed away! One of Kansas Cities Finest! You always said you were proud of me, but I'm truly Proud of You!! Your short time on this earth has had such an impact on Sooo many people! One of the main reasons I even got into this debate stuff! ‪#‎LongLiveYourLegacy‬ ‪#‎GreatBlackMan‬ ‪#‎RestInPowerAT‬
SherryHall

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2015, 07:57:59 PM »

#longliveaaron, you will be missed
SherryHall

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2015, 08:03:22 PM »

Darren Elliott added 2 new photos to the album Aaron Thomas

The life and times of Aaron Thomas. Remembering Aaron Thomas. Left us way too soon. Aaron debated at KCKCC and in 2010 won a community college national title in policy debate at Phi Rho Pi. He debated at Central HS in KC MO and was an asst coach at Lincoln Prep. You will be missed friend.
SherryHall

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2015, 08:03:56 PM »

I remember the first time I ever met Aaron was at the KCPDL city championships. My partner and I lost in the final round and Aaron came up to me and told me not to sweat it that I was a great debater and to keep going. That's just the kind of person he was to the core... kind, caring, always trying to get the best out of everyone. I will forever miss you Aaron. You were an awesome friend and an even better person.
SherryHall

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2015, 04:40:55 PM »

http://www.youcaring.com/memorial-fundraiser/aaron-thomas-memorial-fund/286635
The loss of Aaron Thomas has deeply affected those who knew him as family and friend. We would like to extend our condolensces to his survivors, and have set up this fundraiser to help with the expenses involved in his memorial.

As a tribute to his warm heart and vibrant spirit, any funds remaining will be gifted to Debate-Kansas City an organization which Aaron volunteered much of his time as a coach, judge, and ambassador.
SherryHall

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2015, 04:46:09 PM »

our deepest sympathies.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: