College Policy Debate Forums
June 23, 2018, 12:45:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jack Kay  (Read 7165 times)
SherryHall

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 01:02:12 PM »

From John Fritch:

Dr. Jack Kay passed away yesterday. I have been very fortunate to have two outstanding mentors in my education and career: Jack Kay and Donn Parson. In some ways, they were very different. In other ways, they were much the same. I have learned much from both of them.
I will forever be grateful to Jack for giving me--the kid from Palmyra who had never seen a debate--the chance to debate in college, the patience to let me develop as a debater, and the guidance to help me grow as a person. Without him, I am certain my life would have ended up much, much differently.
Largely because of Jack, I have never lost my desire to work with forensics. I can see the difference it makes in people's lives and how making this difference can be done while have a lot of fun.
At UNI, I have made few real contributions to the forensics program. Two of the things I have insisted on are a tribute to Jack (and at least one of those he borrowed from his coach, George Ziegelmueller): the 5 Ds and the Christmas party featuring Twas the Night Before Christmas. I will always make sure my students are aware of why I cherish those traditions.
SherryHall

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 01:03:04 PM »

I can tell you though I don't know him. I know the five D's and loved your and ermos Christmas stories. My condolences.
SherryHall

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 01:03:26 PM »

Fro: David Dugan

concolences john. keep him in your memory your life was made better.
SherryHall

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2015, 01:03:51 PM »

I never knew Jack very well, but I do know that I owe him a debt because without him I wouldn't likley have had you as a coach and friend. I am sorry for your loss.
SherryHall

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2015, 01:04:15 PM »

John, That was a wonderful tribute to a very kind and great man. Jack will be missed but his legacy will obviously live on through people like you. I hope that you can find peace in the happy memories. You and Brad will be in my thoughts and prayers.
SherryHall

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2015, 01:04:44 PM »

Great tribute to a great man. The 5 D's are legendary.
SherryHall

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 01:06:20 PM »

I am heart broken. Jack was my very first college coach as he was the GTA assigned to deal with me. He had a huge impact on my life.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: