College Policy Debate Forums
January 16, 2018, 11:42:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Associate Debate Coach - Wake Forest  (Read 1715 times)
JustinGreen

« on: March 31, 2015, 01:04:34 PM »

A Big Thank-You!

Please join me in thanking Len Neighbors for his 4 years of service to Wake Forest Debate and many more years to the debate community at large.  If you have enjoyed yourself at the Shirley in any of the last 4 years or the Georgia tournament before that, considering offering Len your gratitude.  He has given of himself tirelessly in also hosting two large high school tournaments.  He raised the bar for hospitality higher than it has ever been (slow pour coffee, snack tent, all meals provided).  He has also reminded us at Wake that while debate is important, it is people, not the arguments who need the most attention.  He will be missed; I know I am not the only one when I say he has made me a better coach and person.

Associate Debate Coach - Teaching Professional

The Department of Communication invites applications for a non-tenure track, assistant Professor of Practice teaching faculty position whose area of expertise is in Intercollegiate Debate to begin Fall 2015. This person will serve as an Associate Coach for the Wake Forest University Debate Program. Responsibilities include: teaching, helping debaters in the preparation of arguments, traveling to approximately twelve intercollegiate tournaments a year, assisting with the administration of the high school and college tournaments, assisting with recruiting efforts, managing practice sessions, participating in team and staff meetings, and performing a variety of other related duties as assigned. M.A. required. The teaching load for this appointment is one course per year.

Wake Forest University is a private liberal arts school with 5800 students. The Communication Department and Debate Program are committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community and strongly encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, and other underrepresented groups.

An application consists of a letter of interest, a current resume, three references, and appropriate evidence of coaching experience. Formal review of applications begins April 20, 2015. Please apply online at https://wakejobs.silkroad.com (search for job number 1896-141) and upload your supporting documents into OpenHire. If you have more than five documents to include with your application, please combine all of your documents (i.e. vita, letter of interest, work sample, teaching philosophy) into one PDF file. When applying, please refer to the e-job number. Wake Forest University is an AA/EEO.

Wake Forest University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer students richly varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.

Jarrod Atchison and I will both be at the NDT and are able to answer questions about the position.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: