College Policy Debate Forums
November 23, 2017, 09:45:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CEDA Summer Meeting Info  (Read 1657 times)
Mike Davis

« on: April 30, 2015, 12:40:45 PM »

Hello all,

I hope to see many of you in Dallas for this year's summer meeting.

June 11th will be the CEDA Summer Meeting. We are going to do things a bit different this year. I am asking all CEDA officers to present their reports in written form two weeks prior to the meeting. We will begin the meeting with any questions about those reports that might require a discussion and then voting on whatever business might be proposed. This should take only a small portion of the morning.

The remainder of the day will be dedicated to program development. We have reconstituted the program development committee and I consider increasing the number of programs a top priority as we move forward. If there is something related to program development that you feel should be included in this meeting please let me know. I will send out more detailed information once we get closer to the date and have a sense of how many people will be in attendance. I sincerely hope that many of you plan to attend.

The topic meeting will follow and will be from Jun 12-14.

Meeting info (from Scott Herndon):

The Wyndham Park Suites (972-233-7600), room rate 84.00 night for a double room, includes internet and breakfast. This is the same hotel we use during our tournament. Itís an excellent facility with a friendly staff who are accustomed to working with debate programs. The block is under UTD Debate.

UTD Meeting space, guest wireless and live web streaming of the meetings. Most likely we will use the Engineering and Computer Science Buildingís TI conference room. UTD web services will provide streaming of meetings. Coffee, light breakfast service (pastries, etc.) each morning of the meetings. UTD alumni have generously offered to pay for one day of lunch catering during the meetings.

DFW is a large airport and an American hub. Price effective and direct flights are available from most areas of the country. Unfortunately, UTD canít offer subsidy for airport shuttle service.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 12:44:16 PM by Mike Davis » Logged
Mike Davis

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 08:01:33 PM »

Hey all,

The block for the CEDA summer meeting is closing soon. Please make your reservations in the next couple of days.

Also, if you have ideas for the CEDA Meeting on the 11th focusing on program development please send me an email (davismk@jmu.edu) or just drop me a line and let me know that you are coming.

Mike
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: