College Policy Debate Forums
November 18, 2017, 03:57:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2015-2016 Controversy Ballot Available  (Read 1974 times)
ceda
Administrator

« on: May 05, 2015, 04:24:04 PM »

The controversy ballot for 2015-2016 is now available.
Ballots are due by midnight (central), Tuesday, May 19.
One vote per school. Schools must be current members of CEDA to participate (2014-2015 competition season).
The winning controversy will be announced shortly after the conclusion of the vote.
If you have trouble with voting, please let me know.

The ballot is online at:  http://cedadebate.org/1516controversy

There are 8 controversy areas on the ballot (listed below). Thanks to the topic committee for vetting the submissions. The controversy papers are available on the forums.

Jeff

Arctic:  Should the United States substantially increase its unilateral engagement with the Arctic?

Defense Spending:  Should the United States substantially increase its defense spending?

Foreign aid: Should the United States reduce its foreign aid to Israel, Latin America and/or Africa?

Israel:  Should the United States decrease support for, or increase pressure on, Israel?

Labor:  Should pressure on nations committing labor violations be substantially increased?

Military presence:  The United States should substantially alter its military presence in one or more of the following areas: Middle East, Eastern Europe, East Asia.

Multilateral Emissions:  Should multilateral agreements to decrease greenhouse gas emissions be substantially strengthened?

Treaty withdrawal:  The United States should withdraw from one or more treaties.
ceda
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 08:31:52 PM »

Reminder: Ballots are due by tomorrow, May 19, at midnight (central).
Let me know if you have trouble voting or with the site.
Jeff

The controversy ballot for 2015-2016 is now available.
Ballots are due by midnight (central), Tuesday, May 19.
One vote per school. Schools must be current members of CEDA to participate (2014-2015 competition season).
The winning controversy will be announced shortly after the conclusion of the vote.
If you have trouble with voting, please let me know.

The ballot is online at:  http://cedadebate.org/1516controversy

There are 8 controversy areas on the ballot (listed below). Thanks to the topic committee for vetting the submissions. The controversy papers are available on the forums.

Jeff

Arctic:  Should the United States substantially increase its unilateral engagement with the Arctic?

Defense Spending:  Should the United States substantially increase its defense spending?

Foreign aid: Should the United States reduce its foreign aid to Israel, Latin America and/or Africa?

Israel:  Should the United States decrease support for, or increase pressure on, Israel?

Labor:  Should pressure on nations committing labor violations be substantially increased?

Military presence:  The United States should substantially alter its military presence in one or more of the following areas: Middle East, Eastern Europe, East Asia.

Multilateral Emissions:  Should multilateral agreements to decrease greenhouse gas emissions be substantially strengthened?

Treaty withdrawal:  The United States should withdraw from one or more treaties.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: