College Policy Debate Forums
October 18, 2018, 03:00:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shirley Scouting Request  (Read 1055 times)
JustinGreen

« on: November 11, 2015, 08:53:42 AM »

A Scouting Plea....

Wake Debate will engage in the tradition of extensive scouting at the Shirley this year.  We do this because when 150 teams come from around the country, only those with the additional coaching resources will have a scouting advantage when it is not shared.  We also do this because the quality of debate and drive for innovation improve when arguments are approached

At the squad meeting tonight, Wake Debate will be entering round reports of our ourselves and our opponents for every debate we have participated and/or judged this Fall.  But, our efforts alone will not provide the community with a holistic view of the argumentative landscape. 

We ask for four measures in preparation and while at the tournament this weekend.  Please....

1 - Do some self reporting - We would like each team to have: the most recent version of their 1ac, 2ac's to the 3 most common off-case positions against your aff, and shells of the major off case positions you have advocated for. 
2 - Post a round report from a previous debate - So a team did something that was not what you expected, but you felt like you were better than them.  Then post about it...
3 - Cooperate with the Wake Scouts - They may ask to get on your doc chain.  They are also there to assist with any posting needs.  Scouts will also be asked to simply record strategic notes about the debate, especially for those which are less card intensive.
4 - Share folders/intel directly with wakedb8 at gmail dot com - I know that several schools have extremely extensive speech doc folders and intel gathering on teams.  If assistance posting to the wiki is needed, I am personally willing to comb through docs, post cites/not cards, and fill holes.

On Saturday we will be extensively scouting teams with little information posted.  Sunday we will shift attention to those in the middle to top of the bracket.

Thank you for your assistance.  We look forward to having everyone in Winston-Salem.

May the best argument win!
Justin Green
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: