College Policy Debate Forums
November 23, 2017, 09:46:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Tuna Snider  (Read 17883 times)
SherryHall

« on: December 10, 2015, 12:47:55 PM »

From Sarah Green

Dear friends. This is an update from the sky cave. My father Alfred Snider is gravely ill. He is currently in intensive care at the University of Vermont Medical Center and we have been advised that he is unlikely to survive. If you would like to send a message that we can share with him please email it to gordiemiller@gmail.com . Many are visiting him in the the hospital and the constant stream of visitors who love him is incredibly powerful. My father has cultivated an amazing community of people who love and care for him deeply and we are so incredibly thankful that this very special community is surrounding him with love.
SherryHall

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 12:52:44 PM »

Warmest thoughts Sarah, both to you and your dad. I've known him 40 years and can't think of anyone who has contributed more to education and expression and progress.
SherryHall

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 12:53:23 PM »

So sorry about your dad, Sarah, he made so many of our lives better.
SherryHall

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 12:54:03 PM »

I've known Tuna for many years, since i edited and published one of his first game theory articles in JAFA when I was editor. I have never been anything but awed by his significant contribution to the world of debate in general. One year he came to Richmond and ran our tab room gratis. I never knew him intimately but I am blessed to be able to regard him as a friend.
SherryHall

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 12:54:58 PM »

Dear Sarah, all my prayers to Tuna and your family. His tremendous efforts in promoting debate & critical thinking will always be his legacy.
SherryHall

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 12:55:52 PM »

From Allan Louden

Sarah, we will be on top of whatever needs done here at Wake. Justin will let me know. Tuna is a larger than life figure, touching and changing the whole world. What more can one ask, grateful. There are seasons, we're with you guys.
SherryHall

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 12:56:38 PM »

From Monte Stevens

This is just awful news. Tuna is a giant who has brought debate to more people than probably anyone who has ever lived. We are all sending positive vibes your way.
SherryHall

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 12:57:19 PM »

Thinking about you Sarah. Your dad's work introduced me to debate before I even knew what debate is. He's always been a kind soul, and I hope you and him find peace in this difficult time.
SherryHall

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 12:57:59 PM »

Oh Sarah. Prayers rise like smoke. And what a LIFE he has lived!
SherryHall

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 12:58:51 PM »

Sarah and family: this is devastating news, and my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your father. I have amazing memories of him from CEDA. heart emoticon
SherryHall

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 01:00:00 PM »

Sarah, my heart, prayers and thoughts are with Tuna, you and your family. I have had few friends in my life who were as profound an influence as your dad. And I know no one who has done more to champion debate and critical thinking, and thereby peace and justice, around the world. I am proud to be his friend and send much love.
SherryHall

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 01:00:35 PM »

No person I know has touched as many lives and in so many places around the planet. Sending love and grace Tuna and all who love him, and to all those caring for him now.
SherryHall

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2015, 01:01:26 PM »

Thank you for the update, Sarah. It is terrible news. I have been privileged to call Tuna a close friend for 43 years (I think I counted right). I am hoping fervently for the best.
SherryHall

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2015, 01:02:25 PM »

Tuna Snider is an amazing revolutionary man. Strength to all of you.
SherryHall

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2015, 01:03:58 PM »

Sarah, Justin and family Hena and I are thinking about you and your father. I know Tuna has been a giant in this debate community, I hope collective thoughts can provide a positive impact
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: