College Policy Debate Forums
November 20, 2017, 09:24:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Final List - 2016 NDT eligible schools  (Read 1435 times)
dleek

« on: January 17, 2016, 09:01:14 PM »

Please see http://nationaldebatetournament.org/current-subscribers/ for details.
CouldaBeenaContenda

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 05:23:45 PM »

I count 70.  Why is this list always center-justified?

I also have observed here recently that NDT participation has dropped from over 600 schools in 1963 and about 110 "subscribed programs" five years ago to about 85 last year and 76 this year...

Prediction: fewer subscribed NDT programs... at the 2016 Nationals.  Pretty daring, huh?

From the linked, NDT website page:

Current Subscribers

As of January 15, 2015, the following schools are subscribers to the National Debate Tournament for the 2015-2016 season (please note Jan 15 is the deadline for subscriptions):

Unless I am misinterpreting the purpose of this NDT page being referenced here, I believe that "January 15, 2015" should be "January 15, 2016" and the verb, "To Be" should be updated, from, "is", to, "was".

Also from that linked page:

Please note: there is often a month delay before the NDT receives reports of schools paid through the AFA website. Please check back later for an updated subscription list.

Isn't there someone here with access to the AFA's website who can simply furnish those additional school names now?

ICC is my adopted school.  I hope it's still in.  It was memorialized in the 1963 crossover hit, "Six Days on the Road", recorded by Dave Dudley, and peaking at # 2 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart that summer,  # 32 on the Billboard Hot 100, and # 13 on their easy listening survey.

"ICC is a checkin' on down the line
"Well I'm a little overweight and my log book's way behind..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ynS7qvcV2ac#t=48
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 10:45:12 PM by CouldaBeenaContenda » Logged

Dover (New Hampshire) High School debate team, 1967-1970
Dover High School Debate Coach, 1970-1971
University of New Hampshire debate team, 1970 (when we still spoke like human beings)
University of New Hampshire debate team, 1980-1981 (and when we didn't)
UNH assistant debate coach, 1980-1981
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: