College Policy Debate Forums
September 23, 2018, 12:02:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010-11 Unofficial Tournament Calendar  (Read 7153 times)
UMDebate

« on: March 14, 2010, 07:19:45 AM »

Please send me your tournament information for next year, even if tentative.  I post tournament dates, divisions, web address, and contact person(s).  You can visit the current one at http://debate.miami.edu/calendar/  

Thanks.  dave

David L. Steinberg
Director of Debate
University of Miami
dave@miami.edu
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 08:56:31 AM by UMDebate » Logged
V I Keenan

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 09:10:47 AM »

Are we sure that the Wake date is scheduled directly opposite NCA and at the NDT Committee meeting? (NCA is Nov 14-17 in 2010).

Chris Burk

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 12:53:23 PM »

UT Dallas: January 8-10, 2011

NDT at UT Dallas: March 25-28, 2011
hansonjb

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 12:56:00 PM »

i am virtually certain that the wake tournament is the nov 20 weekend.

the wnpt (whitman november policy tournament) is the nov 13 weekend.

chris burke--so, i'm certain on this--the ndt will not happen at u of georgia as i believe was originally planned?

jim hanson Smiley
seattle u debate forensics speech rhetoric
Chris Burk

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 01:08:34 PM »

UT Dallas will definitely serve as the host of the 2011 NDT.  The NDT Board and NDT Committee voted on it. Sherry Hall posted a note here in November after the NCA meetings. The hotel contract is signed. So we are definitely moving forward with our preparations to host in March.

I was not aware of any NDT host proposal offered by UGA. Perhaps they are looking to host in the future.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 01:10:25 PM by Chris Burk » Logged
Mike Davis

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 09:05:02 AM »

Mary Washington and James Madison are happy to announce the return of the Commonwealth Swing:

UMW - Jan 3-5
JMU -Jan 6-8

Hope to see many of you there.
jakethompson

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 03:02:51 PM »

We are changing the dates for the 2010 Las Vegas Classic Invitational Debate Tournament. 

This year we will not host on the first weekend in October (the same weekend as the 2010 Northwestern Tournament).  Instead, we plan to host our tournament on the middle weekend in October.  Registration will be Friday Oct 15, with prelims on Saturday Oct. 16 and Sunday Oct 17 (1st elim Sunday evening), and Elims on Monday Oct 18. 

We also are considering whether or not to host our round robin tournament this year.  If you are interested in us hosting it (meaning you would apply a team for admission) please let us know. IF we host it, the dates  would be Wednesday Oct 13 and Thursday Oct 14.  Please reply to jacob.thompson@unlv.edu

We believe that our tournament date move should increase both the quantity and quality of teams that enter.  We already have commitments from several prominent west coast schools that they plan to "bring all of their teams." Last year's tournament drew 54 open teams, 12 JV and 14 novice.  We think that the date change could cause those numbers to grow substantially. The dates have changed, but our commitment to providing incredible hospitality and the finest possible tournament experience will remain the same.

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you all in Vegas again this year.

Jake
neil berch

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 12:58:57 PM »

Can someone tell me more about the rumored JV/Novice tournament to be held in Winston-Salem the weekend of Wake?  Who will host it?  Where will it be?  Will it have the same schedule as the Shirley?
--Neil Berch
West Virginia University
sarahtp73

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 03:33:06 PM »

Idaho State will be Sept 25,26,27.
charrigan

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 06:41:48 PM »

UGA will be hosting a tournament on MLK weekend, January 15-17.  Invite will be out soon.

Sorry to be late to comment, but Georgia did not bid to host the NDT.  I'm looking forward to another great NDT in Dallas.

Best,
Casey

V I Keenan

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 01:04:27 PM »

A note on the Gotham Debates on January 29-30th:

Columbia will be hosting a Round Robin tournament in conjunction with the multi-division tournament hosted at the John Jay Campus of CUNY.  We are in the process of finalizing both internal CUNY arrangements and the cooperative decision between CUNY and Columbia for tournament scheduling. I hope to have more details by the end of July on the cooperation plan, and by August for the actual tournament details (waiting for the NYC fiscal year to roll over...)

We're trying to have no fees for the RR entry if possible, and as always the larger CUNY tournament will have lower than market rates if possible to offset NYC hotel costs.  The plan right now is to have two hotel blocks - one in Manhattan withing walking distance of John Jay, and one across the Hudson in NJ within a short driving distance of the Lincoln Tunnel (like in previous years at Baruch).  The NJ hotel will have significantly cheaper rates we hope.
jonahfeldman

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 03:38:48 PM »

Cal will be hosting a tournament the weekend of Jan. 14.  Invite is up on debate results
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: