College Policy Debate Forums
November 22, 2017, 07:41:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016-2017 Topic Deadlines and Notes  (Read 2663 times)
gabemurillo

« on: March 12, 2016, 04:17:25 PM »

Greetings,

Congratulations to Lindsey Shook for being nominated to the topic committee. Now that the topic committee is complete (absent undergraduate and graduate student representatives) we can begin the process of nominating the Topic Committee Chair and student reps. The topic committee chair can either be a member of the topic committee or someone outside of the topic committee. If the Chair is from outside the committee they will be a non-voting member of the topic committee.

Nominations for the Topic Committee Chair and the student representatives will be accepted until the CEDA business meeting at 3:30 on Friday March 25th. Feel free to contact me (pandagabe(at)gmail) or your regional representative to submit nominations. The Chair is elected by the topic committee, student representatives are elected by CEDA members.

Once the chair is selected they will post a more detailed message about topic papers - but a few quick things:

1) The deadline for submission will be Monday April 25th.

2) Check here http://www.cedadebate.org/forum/index.php/topic,6422.0.html for some guidelines and suggestions for topic papers.

3) For the 2016-2017 season the committee will only consider domestic, non-legal topics (the last three topics have been legal, legal, international).  

Best
Gabe
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 04:21:08 PM by gabemurillo » Logged
gabemurillo

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 08:48:25 PM »

Reminder and updated information -

Nominees for the committee chair, graduate rep, and undergraduate rep will be made at the CEDA *business meeting which is the morning of Monday March 28th. (In my previous post I was thinking of the CEDA *executive meeting on Friday.) Make sure to contact me, your regional rep or someone at the business meeting with your nominations.

Best
Gabe  
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 10:24:27 AM by gabemurillo » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: