College Policy Debate Forums
January 17, 2018, 04:02:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CEDA 2016 Welcome Packet & Registration Information  (Read 724 times)
joe leeson-schatz

« on: March 24, 2016, 07:36:01 AM »

I can't wait to host you all tomorrow for CEDA Nationals 2016. Registration will be taking place in the Endicott-Johnson Room downstairs. The opening awards will take place in the ballroom. I will have parking passes for people at registration tomorrow along with your squad's welcome bag (or box) that includes your t-shirts and tumblers. The vast majority of drinks will distributed in bulk so people should bring their tumblers to campus. You will also have label stickers in your bag so everyone can put their name on their tumbler so they can be told apart. I also encourage you to take advantage of the hotel facilities and local venues in the area while you're around. The hotel features a full gym with yoga classes, which are included free with your stay, a salt water pool, and two bar areas. Right across the street you have a local brewery and the Lost Dog cafe that has karaoke, trivia, and more. Within a block you have another brewery and many other bars and places to eat.

During the tournament we will also have a penny wars raising money for VINES:Volunteers Improving Neighborhood Environments, which is a local nonprofit organization fostering community empowerment, urban farming, and runs the only farm share program in the area that accepts food stamps. For more information on them visit http://vinesgardens.org/ . At the NDT we will be running a penny wars fundraising for Leaders of a Beautiful Struggle.

Also, if you are participating, and haven't yet, please take a minute to fill out Ricardo Saenz's form to let him know if you are comfortable being live streamed or not. If you let him know now it's much easier for him to get to the right rounds quicker instead of having to ask after getting there.

Lastly, on 3/30 we will have a spades tournament starting at 11am at the tournament hotel, and a MTG draft at 2pm. We will also have open gaming with various board and card games available. Staff from Jupiter Games will be present helping people learn new games they may be interested in.

* FINAL CEDA Welcome Packet 2016.pdf (2874.07 KB - downloaded 203 times.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: