College Policy Debate Forums
November 20, 2017, 07:02:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How I plan on voting during the topic meetings  (Read 1861 times)
gabemurillo

« on: June 02, 2016, 04:43:31 PM »

In the interest of transparency I figured I would post the things I'm *pretty confident* about a little before the topic meeting so people have a chance to convince me otherwise. I appreciate everyone's effort in research and discussion, it has been really helpful.

1) Carbon tax should be an aff. I am strongly considering making this a litmus test for resolutions.

2) I would rather not vote for resolutions with regulations or energy policy. I don't think they add any precision to the resolution.

3) I will push for at the least inclusion of three genres of resolutions on the final ballot:

a) disincentives / restrictions only
b) restrictions plus (with a floor)
c) big topics to address climate change

4) I don't think reducing governmental emissions should be part of the topic

5) Producing a list topic is my lowest priority at the the topic meeting

I say pretty confident because these things could change, and there might be situations were I vote counter to these intentions (for example might vote for a resolution with energy policy if its necessary). Feel free to post here or message me if you think I'm wrong about any of these things, I'm always open to listen to other opinions, I will say having evidence to support an opinion counter to the above leanings is the most likely way to persuade me.

best
gabe

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: