College Policy Debate Forums
April 21, 2018, 01:30:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Jesuit - Summer updates  (Read 970 times)
GFrappier

« on: July 18, 2016, 05:07:28 PM »

Colleagues,

A quick summer update on the Jesuit. We started accepting entries back in May and we are very excited to see the support from across the country for west coast debate and particularly for our tournament. We are just about to reach our cap on teams (83 entered as of this afternoon) so if you still want in you might want to go there and claim those last few spots. We'll also maintain a wait list and will notify teams when they are taken off the list (due to drops or if i can secure a few additional rooms). The competition looks to be very high caliber and we plan on hospitality meeting that same standard. Although this information is in the invite I also wanted to post the links for our tournament hotel as well as for the Marriott. Those are below. Both hotels are within walking distance to campus and the downtown area. Since we are bringing back the tournament I was conservative on our block size. Once it fills up i've been assured we can still get the tournament rate until they are sold out. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me at frappier@gem.gonzaga.edu or gfrappier@gmail.com. The Zags are looking forward to the start of the season and to hosting many of you in the PNW over Halloween weekend.

Best,
Glen

TOURNAMENT HOTEL

Our tournament hotel is the Red Lion Hotel at the Park. For the old timers out there this is the same hotel we used when we hosted the 2005 NDT. It’s a really nice hotel located on the Spokane River. There is a walking path along the river directly behind the hotel . The flat rate for doubles or King is $99 per night. Some perks of the tournament hotel:

-    Only a 15 minute walk from hotel to campus along the river walking path.
-    Complimentary shuttle to/from airport.
-    Complimentary internet. Pro-tip – If you join their rewards program you will get free upgraded/faster internet.
-    Downtown area is located a short walk across the river and through park. Lots of great restaurants and bars.
-    Free on-site parking.

The cut-off date is October 5th, 2016 at 5:00 pm PT.

At the hotel, wireless access will be available to guests of the hotel and to all participants in the conference rooms used for competition.

You can reserve rooms online here: https://reservations.redlion.com/ibe/details.aspx?hotelID=13746&langID=1&group=GONZ1029&hgID=280&dt1=6145&nights=4&rooms=1&adults=1&child1=0

Or call 1-800-RED-LION (1-800733-5466) and request rooms under the Gonzaga University College Debate Tournament.

We have also reserved a small block of rooms at the Courtyard Marriott for the die-hard Marriott junkies. $109 for Kings and $119 for Double/Double. You can book those rooms online here:

http://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/group-corporate-travel/groupCorp.mi?resLinkData=Gonzaga%20University%20Conway%20Classic%20Debate%5Egegch%60CONCONA%7CCONCONB%60109.00-119.00%60USD%60false%604%6010/28/16%6010/31/16%6010/7/16&app=resvlink&stop_mobi=yes

Note: Marriott mistakenly labeled this the “Conway Classic” which is our high school tournament, but its definitely the link for the Jesuit. Sorry for any confusion and we’re working on getting that changed

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: