College Policy Debate Forums
September 18, 2018, 08:56:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: University of North Texas Coaching Position  (Read 2494 times)
louiedebate

« on: July 25, 2016, 02:00:50 PM »

UNT is seeking applicants for our Assistant Coach position; it is a full time position with a competitive salary and benefits package.  We want to thank Steve Pointer for all of hard work and great coaching over the past two years.  Steve will not doubt be successful in any future career endeavor.  The job title is, Student Services Coordinator I, and will soon be searchable at – www.jobs.unt.edu

Description -
UNT Team Coaching (85%) has the following duties and expectations:

Direct the debate team's research, which involves planning assignments, editing files and producing evidence for the students before each tournament; teach students how to retrieve and synthesize information.

Assist the Associate Director in determining the debate team’s argument selection and research prioritization.

Travel with the debate team to 8-12 tournaments per academic year.

Meet with the team periodically for coaching and mentoring as described by the Associate Director
Assist the Associate Director with travel logistics, supervision, and administration as requested.

Recruiting (15%) has the following duties and expectations:

Travel to 4-6 high school debate tournaments during the academic year to scout and meet with potential recruits and their coaches.

Recruit high school students to attend the Mean Green Workshop.

Qualification -
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in a related field and two years of student services, student affairs, counseling, advising, or related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. 
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Valid Texas driver's license or the ability to obtain one within thirty days of employment
* At least 3 years of experience in college debate.
* Demonstration of research skills in college academic debate.
* Experience teaching college debaters.
* An ability to travel to different locations 

If interested, you can contact me by email at louiepetit@gmail.com or give me a call at (417) 459-0350.  With the late posting we hope to move fast in the hiring process. Interviews will be conducted over the phone or by Skype.

Thanks,
Louie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: