College Policy Debate Forums
November 22, 2017, 09:34:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for research participants  (Read 967 times)
paulmabrey

« on: August 20, 2016, 01:22:44 PM »

Looking for debate and argumentation educators/coaches to help collect data on the the impact of argument education. This IRB approved research is for my dissertation but also to help contribute empirical research on the benefits of argument education. If interested, I would like you to administer a simple pre/post survey to the debaters on your squad and/or students in your argumentation class. Once at the beginning (work week, first week of class, whenever you begin) and once at the end of the fall semester.

The survey itself would take about 30 minutes to administer. All data would be kept anonymous. The instrument looks specifically at argumentation skills through written constructed response. I piloted this study in the spring, gathering evidence for reliability and validity. Debaters scored nearly a full standard deviation above the control group and debate across the curriculum intervention group. The small sample size of debaters (6), I believe, made it impossible to find statistical significance.
Please contact me if you are possibly interested or have questions. And for debate coaches, if you would like to gather other assessment data for your team, I would be happy to help with that too. CEDA worked on learning outcomes, assessment techniques, and other strategies to help programs with programatic assessment. Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: