College Policy Debate Forums
November 23, 2017, 09:50:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Speech Drop  (Read 679 times)
Neil Butt

« on: January 23, 2017, 12:52:11 PM »

One of my students has developed a program to facilitate speech document sharing, similar to, but with advantages over PocketBox.
He encourages you to try it and provide feedback.

From Yunyu:

Like many of you, I've used PocketBox to share speech docs. I love the concept, but there are certain issues with the implementation that could be improved. If you're unfamiliar with the concept, it's a room-based sharing system for speech docs where you sign up for a room, give out the room code, and share documents instantly.
I wrote https://speechdrop.net/ as a side project that resolves these issues. Here are the main advantages it has over PocketBox:
   Retains filenames, doesn't add underscores or anything, supports special characters
   Supports drag-and-drop - no need to navigate to your folder every time
   Automatically refreshes documents - no need to reload the browser.
   Better UI for joining rooms and dealing with invalid codes (just type in the box)
   No ambiguous characters in room codes (e.g. I/l, O/0, etc...)
   Fully responsive, looks great when snapped to the side or on mobile devices
   Loads more quickly (the frontend is far more lightweight, ~20% of the page size)
   More secure, uses HTTPS
   Has fancy, useful animations!
I would appreciate it if you could try this out, and am grateful for any feedback!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: