College Policy Debate Forums
November 23, 2017, 07:49:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations and Thank you  (Read 1145 times)
sharris

« on: March 30, 2017, 03:43:10 PM »

I have been remiss in not posting this quicker but the past couple of days have been hectic with catching up on teaching and other academic responsibilities that fell through the cracks during CEDA and NDT.

I wanted to congratulate Rutgers on a tremendous performance at both CEDA and the NDT. Sweeping both tournaments and the top speaker awards is a phenomenal performance.

I wanted to say thank you to the entire community for being outstanding guests during the NDT. It was a real pleasure to host the NDT and the Edwards Campus staff raved about the entire community. I know it has not been uncommon after hosting tournaments for Campuses to be upset with the damage or messes that get left on campus. I am happy to be able to give the opposite kind of report. The debate community was a pleasure to host and the campus was happy to have had us there. Thank you to everyone for allowing us to be your hosts.

Thank you to everyone who assisted us in hosting the event.
Hester

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 07:36:34 PM »

a BIG thank you to KU and all the folks whose tireless work made nationals happen. Hosting both CEDA and NDT is unfathomable to most of us, and concluding that hosting by clearing all 3 teams at the NDT is just plain absurd. Rock Chalk, indeed.

I have been remiss in not posting this quicker but the past couple of days have been hectic with catching up on teaching and other academic responsibilities that fell through the cracks during CEDA and NDT.

I wanted to congratulate Rutgers on a tremendous performance at both CEDA and the NDT. Sweeping both tournaments and the top speaker awards is a phenomenal performance.

I wanted to say thank you to the entire community for being outstanding guests during the NDT. It was a real pleasure to host the NDT and the Edwards Campus staff raved about the entire community. I know it has not been uncommon after hosting tournaments for Campuses to be upset with the damage or messes that get left on campus. I am happy to be able to give the opposite kind of report. The debate community was a pleasure to host and the campus was happy to have had us there. Thank you to everyone for allowing us to be your hosts.

Thank you to everyone who assisted us in hosting the event.
tcram

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 02:57:40 PM »

Hosting both CEDA and NDT is unfathomable to most of us.

Must be a Scooby Doo situation, where we unmask Justin Stanley to find out it was old man Harris the whole time...

Ribbing Hester aside, amazing job Scott and KU on the NDT (and JCCC and JStan on CEDA)!
Hester

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 06:42:13 PM »

Would have gotten away with it if not for those pesky kids...

My apologies to Justin - his frequent updates on the hospitality extras at CEDA were far more memorable than my incorrect post implies.

Must be a Scooby Doo situation, where we unmask Justin Stanley to find out it was old man Harris the whole time...

Ribbing Hester aside, amazing job Scott and KU on the NDT (and JCCC and JStan on CEDA)!
kelly young

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 09:12:30 PM »

It's better as a Face/Off scenario

Director of Forensics/Associate Professor
Wayne State University
313-577-2953
kelly.young [at] wayne.edu
www.wsuforensics.org
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: