College Policy Debate Forums
November 21, 2017, 05:58:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Skip Eno  (Read 2283 times)
SherryHall

« on: May 14, 2017, 09:10:11 AM »

Incredibly sad to learn about the death of my friend and long time colleague Skip Eno, longtime Director of Debate at UT San Antonio. When I began as a college freshman at Emporia State he was one of the first coaches who judged me and one of the first I really got to know. He was one of my favorite judges to have. I have so many great memories with Skip. So many stories. So many things we shared in conversations. Skip recruited and took care of KCKCC debaters when they transferred. I looked forward to seeing him at tournaments. Even through all his health problems he traveled and scouted and coached. He was one of a kind. He gave us all so much. I wish all of us could have given him even more. Rest well my friend. With all my love and admiration.
SherryHall

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 09:10:46 AM »

From Joel Rollins:

RIP Skip. You will be missed.
SherryHall

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 09:11:21 AM »

The news was devastating. I loved Skip....so many fond memories.
SherryHall

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 09:12:08 AM »

I just heard the sad news that Skip Eno passed away. Like many old CEDA folk Skip was a fixture in the back of the room during my college debate career and without a doubt one of our favorite judges. Smart, kind, caring and an amazing story teller. Truly one of the best people i've had the privilege of knowing. See you on the other side old friend.
SherryHall

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 09:12:51 AM »

Monte Stevens

Skip was one of the nicest guys I met during my time in debate. Still remember Baby Jo introducing me to him for the first time. Hopefully they're hanging out together talking about the old days and enjoying a laugh.
SherryHall

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 09:13:25 AM »

Paul Hayes

I'm glad he made it to UT a few years ago and we got to catch up. Great guy, old school CEDA fixture, truly nice person
SherryHall

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 09:13:53 AM »

David Cram Helwich

Did anyone log more miles driving students to tournaments? I first met him in Colorado Springs in 1993, and of course, UTSA drove.
SherryHall

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 09:14:28 AM »

Bill Shinn

Great guy, definitely a loss to the debate world.
SherryHall

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 09:57:41 AM »

The debate world is a small place and being a director of debate is an even smaller circle. When I started doing debate 26 years ago one of the first people I ever met was Skip Eno. Unlike most people in the debate community I had the privilege of being judged by Skip every year that I debated. It took me four tries before we got Skip to vote for us but I got more out of every time Skip voted against us than any win we ever had (and we ended up with an even record in front of him).

As I became a coach and then a director Skip was a tremendous resource to me professionally and personally. First as a resource to bounce coaching and directing ideas off of. And since I started a family he has been a tremendous sounding board as I tried to navigate the balance between being a good dad and a good debate coach. Skip always asked about my daughter before he asked about my teams and that will be the thing I remember (and miss the most).

Godspeed friend. I will miss you!
SherryHall

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2017, 09:58:14 AM »

Frank P. Irizarry

One of the nicest people I met in all my years in debate. Skip will certainly be missed.
SherryHall

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2017, 09:58:44 AM »

Sara Kristine

Skip was a constant professional and treated everyone like they mattered.
SherryHall

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2017, 09:59:11 AM »

Shannon Holland

Skip really was one of the nicest people in the debate. His kindness was contagious.
SherryHall

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2017, 09:59:43 AM »

Brent Allen Saindon

This type of thing is what I remember about him as well -- extremely kind and balanced in his view of coaching/competition.
SherryHall

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2017, 10:05:30 AM »

Matt Stannard:

Skip Eno was simply one of the nicest and most supportive people I ever knew. He was also a Cheyenne East student and occasionally regaled us Pokes with stories about growing up in these parts back when life was extra rough here. I can't remember a conversation with Skip lasting less than 30 minutes unless we were being pulled into debates we were supposed to be judging. Sometimes we'd talk over entire blocks of tournament time. That's what I will remember. Much love and safe travels, my friend.
SherryHall

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2017, 10:05:48 AM »

Jairus Victor Grove

I have such fond memories of Skip.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: