College Policy Debate Forums
November 19, 2017, 03:27:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skip Eno  (Read 2270 times)
SherryHall

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2017, 10:39:45 AM »

Crystal Ragsdale

The world lost a beautiful soul this evening.
My eulogy to you Skip Eno...

There are a handful of people that I think of as my life continues to evolve. Skip is one of those individuals that sits on a pedestal all on his own when writing my diary of life.
He was a coach, a mentor, a leader, a confidant and just a damn good human. He is a part of who I am today.
I've thrived in the communication industry since just about the day I graduated from UTSA because Skip coached me into being a great speaker. Often-times in my career, I've been asked where or how I can speak, present or write the way that I do; Skip Eno has always been one of my first replies. Please don't misinterpret because this post isn't about me; it's about how great Skip Eno was to turn a stubborn little Valley girl with a talent for arguing into a point-driven public speaker/debater.
And I'm one of hundreds I bet because that Is just how great Skip Eno was.

Rest In Peace Skippy. My heart is broken tonight for all of us that had the privilege to know you and love you. May Judy, Blake and those grand babies relish in your spirit and know that you left behind a legacy that can never be surpassed. I will never for one day forget you. And as long as I am doing what I am doing, I will always do my best to be great at it for you and because of you.
SherryHall

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2017, 10:40:24 AM »

Mike Davis

The debate world is a small place and being a director of debate is an even smaller circle. When I started doing debate 26 years ago one of the first people I ever met was Skip Eno. Unlike most people in the debate community I had the privilege of being judged by Skip every year that I debated. It took me four tries before we got Skip to vote for us but I got more out of every time Skip voted against us than any win we ever had (and we ended up with an even record in front of him).

As I became a coach and then a director Skip was a tremendous resource to me professionally and personally. First as a resource to bounce coaching and directing ideas off of. And since I started a family he has been a tremendous sounding board as I tried to navigate the balance between being a good dad and a good debate coach. Skip always asked about my daughter before he asked about my teams and that will be the thing I remember (and miss the most).

Godspeed friend. I will miss you!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: