College Policy Debate Forums
November 19, 2017, 03:19:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Chuck Ballingall  (Read 2103 times)
SherryHall

« on: August 13, 2017, 04:33:10 PM »

In times of loss, I both hate and love Facebook. I am still trying to process that the debate community at large and me personally have lost a great friend/coach in Chuck Ballingall. I love reading all the tributes from so many. I hate that it just highlights the magnitude of the loss. RIP my friend - you made a difference and will be missed.
SherryHall

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 04:35:37 PM »

Jeffrey Wortman

I was scheduled to have dinner with my long time debate friends Byron Arthur and Chuck Ballingall just a few weeks ago, but Chuck cancelled because he was under the weather. At the time I remember thinking that it was no big deal that Chuck cancelled because we will have more opportunities down the road. Cherish every opportunity you have with your friends folks. In an instant, things can change. Chuck was one of the finest debate coaches I have known, but he was much more than that. He will be missed. Rest In Peace my friend.
SherryHall

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 04:36:49 PM »

David Glass

Terribly sorry to hear about Chuck Ballingall dying, a good friend since his early days coaching at Marlboro High School in New Jersey, and through all his decades at Damien. Condolences to his family, former students, and of course the whole debate community.
SherryHall

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 04:37:13 PM »

Andrea Alterman

Still finding it hard to believe. Was just trying to explain to my husband what kind of person Chuck was and I couldn't do him justice. I ended up with he was a guy that everyone wanted to know and be around. What a loss.
SherryHall

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 04:41:06 PM »

Andres Gannon‎

I regretfully pass along the sad news that Chuck Ballingall, the Director of Debate at Damien High School for the past 25+ years, passed away earlier today. Chuck coached many nationally competitive debate teams during his time at Damien and was a member of the CHSSA Hall of Fame as well as a 3 star National Forensic League coach. He will always be remembered for his outstanding sense of humor, sharp mind in and out of the classroom, and most impressively, managing a debate team full of adolescent boys. Our condolences go out to his family and the many friends whose lives he changed.
SherryHall

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 04:41:26 PM »

Toni Nielson

Sad to hear of Chuck's passing - he was a force for debate in Southern California and enriched the lives of many young people. RIP Chuck.
SherryHall

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 08:27:28 AM »

John Q. Barrett

What a good guy, debater, teacher, coach, and person. What a terrible loss.
SherryHall

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 08:27:57 AM »

Bryon Gill

My first lab instructor, sorry to hear.
SherryHall

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 08:28:26 AM »

Lindsay Harrison

He was such a lovely person
SherryHall

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 08:28:53 AM »

McClure Cronin

I don't know how to explain how I felt hearing this news... I never was a Damien debater, but the Love and support that Chuck gave me throughout my debate career is truly something I want to emulate. I hope he knows how great of an impact he had on our community and the hundreds of student (thousands? that he worked with.
SherryHall

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 08:29:15 AM »

Teja Vepa

Ballingall was a keystone of our community. I'm still in shock after hearing the news today. Chuck taught so much about debate, about coaching, and about life. He will be missed by so many.
SherryHall

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 08:29:33 AM »

Mike Shackelford

He was a mentor, a colleague, a rival coach, and a friend. If you've been involved in debate in any meaningful way, you know how devastating this loss is to the community. Chuck was the best. RIP.
SherryHall

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 08:30:25 AM »

Matthew Gomez

Mr B. was one of the nicest people I ever met and always seemed to love his job, his school and team, and enjoy his time at tournaments. I'll miss seeing him around the west coast.
SherryHall

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 08:30:47 AM »

Marissa Grayson

I'm so sorry to hear this. I saw Chuck for the first time in ages at NSDA in Birmingham a few weeks ago. It was as if time hadn't passed. While we only spoke for a few minutes, I was touched that he had kept up with what was going on in my life and was as friendly as ever.
SherryHall

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2017, 08:31:09 AM »

Neil W. Blackmon

Lovely man. Terribly sad to hear this. Thinking of his loved ones and grateful for a life well lived
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: