College Policy Debate Forums
November 23, 2017, 09:01:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Arnie Madsen  (Read 1826 times)
SherryHall

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2017, 07:44:47 PM »

Roy Schwartzman

Shocked & sad to hear this. He was a great colleague in the debate community. Wishing you & all his loved ones peace & comfort.
SherryHall

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2017, 07:45:20 PM »

Patrick Wheaton

Shock. Over the last few years I have enjoyed his posts in his second career as an antique toy dealer - doing what he loved. I especially enjoyed the "Stuff you can't make up" posts about absurd customer comments and requests.

Arnie was a grad assistant at Wake while my brother was an undergrad there. Arnie began at Pitt the year I went to UGA as a grad assistant. After leaving UGA, Arnie asked me to put together/coordinate the case list at the UNI tournament. Arnie always impressed me as very detail oriented and very intellectual.

Gone too soon. Prayers for Cate and all who knew and mourn his loss.
SherryHall

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2017, 07:46:02 PM »

Bill Russell

Such terrible news. I'm so sorry Cate for your loss, and my thoughts are with his family and many friends.
SherryHall

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2017, 07:46:23 PM »

Cynthia Fleming

Peace be with you Cate, I traveled across the State of Wyoming multiple times on a yellow school bus with Arnie and the Buffalo HS Forensics team. So sad to hear. I have only good memories of him as a stellar person. My sincere condolences to you and your family.
SherryHall

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2017, 07:46:45 PM »

Steve Mancuso

Oh, Cate. I always enjoyed Arnie's company and looked forward to working with him in tab rooms, which we did together for many years. He was a loyal and sincere friend. You have my warmest sympathies.
SherryHall

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2017, 07:47:05 PM »

Joshua Zive

I'm so sorry, Cate. You both gave me my first paying debate job, and I will always be indebted to you and Arnie. Love you both.
SherryHall

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2017, 07:47:47 PM »

Kevin Hamrick

My condolences, Cate. I'll raise a glass to Arnie tonight. My thoughts are with you.
SherryHall

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2017, 07:48:21 PM »

Christopher Wheatley

I am SO stunned and saddened by this news! Please feel my virtual hug! I will SO miss this quality human being who has had SUCH a profound and positive impact on SO many lives. I will SO miss Arnie. Peace.
SherryHall

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2017, 07:48:59 PM »

John M. Bredehoft

Dear Cate: I am sorry you and I have not met. I have known Arnie from college debate through the magnificent items he found (and I snagged from him) over the last few years. I am so glad that he and I reconnected on Facebook and had the chance to communicate. I am so sorry for your loss (words often used but nonetheless true), and you will be in our thoughts. Your tribute to him has moved me to tears and I hope to honor his memory in a way he would have appreciated.
SherryHall

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2017, 07:49:21 PM »

Phillip Voight

Cate I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I haven't seen Arnie for many years but I really enjoyed following him on Facebook. You will be in my thoughts as will all those who loved him.
SherryHall

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2017, 07:49:51 PM »

Jayne Craig-Smith

I am so sad to hear this. I got to know Arnie when he was a grad student at Wake with my late husband. I will be thinking about you!
SherryHall

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2017, 07:50:22 PM »

David Breshears

If a tab room ever needed me to judge extra debates, they'd always send Arnie. I could never say no to him. So sorry Cate. Tonight, I'm drinking to Arnie.
SherryHall

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2017, 07:50:57 PM »

Lewis Lamb

I am another of Arnie's friends from my days on the college debate circuit, and I am so very saddened to hear of this. Condolences to you!
SherryHall

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2017, 07:51:13 PM »

Scott Segal

So sad to hear it, Cate. Working institutes with him back in the 80s, I remember you could always count on him and without ever a cross word. So sorry for your loss.
SherryHall

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2017, 07:51:32 PM »

David Hingstman

Cate, what a terrible loss! Arnie was always the guy with a smile and kind words at debate tournaments. We all will miss his presence!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: