College Policy Debate Forums
January 23, 2018, 01:29:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wayne State seeking graduate assistants for 2018-2019  (Read 206 times)
kelly young

« on: December 14, 2017, 08:24:38 PM »

Wayne State University is seeking NDT-CEDA style Phd and MA debate graduate assistants for next Fall. The Department of Communication at Wayne State University offers assistantships in both MA and PhD programs in Communication Studies, Film Studies and Journalism. We have excellent programs in crisis communication, organizational, public relations, political communication, and leadership studies and a host of other comm fields.

The assistantships are very generous and competitive. You will receive tuition waiver, monthly stipend, health and dental insurance (same insurance coverage as faculty--which is better than most universities), and no teaching requirements other than your coaching work with the team (although you can in the summer for extra money). We have five assistantships in forensics - 3 for policy debate, 2 for individual events with a Director of Forensics (Kelly Young) and Director of Debate (Ron Stevenson).

Learn more at:  http://www.comm.wayne.edu and http://www.wsuforensics.org/joinus.htm.

Also feel free to talk to me about the position. When contacting me, please indicate your current undergrad and grad GPAs, GRE scores (if taken), and scholarly interests.

We have a young but highly competitive team that is strongly supported by a great college, department and alumni. Learn more about our program at www.wsuforensics.org.

We are a public research (R1) university located in the heart of Detroitís Midtown Cultural Center Historic District. WSU has 13 schools and colleges and 31,000 graduate and undergraduate students. We host a number of concerts, speakers, and city events and festivals and are in walking distance or a very short drive from the renowned Detroit Institute of Arts, the Detroit Public Library, The Wright Museum of African American History, the Detroit Symphony Orchestra, Comerica Park, Ford Field, Joe Louis Arena, the Detroit Historical Museum, the New Detroit Science Center, the Detroit Film Theatre, the Fox Theatre, the Fisher Theatre, the Gem Theatre and the Detroit Opera House.

Deadline for applying for the PhD program is mid January; if you want a late apply, let me know immediately so I can notify the graduate committee. MA applicants are admitted on a rolling basis. Again, please let me know of your interest so I can let the grad committee know. Please check http://comm.wayne.edu/phd.php for updates.

Please contact me at Kelly.young at wayne.edu or my office phone 313-577-2953.

Thanks, Kelly

Director of Forensics/Associate Professor
Wayne State University
313-577-2953
kelly.young [at] wayne.edu
www.wsuforensics.org
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: