College Policy Debate Forums
September 24, 2018, 03:29:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ForDebating.com is in beta!  (Read 833 times)
Coveny

« on: February 03, 2018, 11:04:58 PM »

Hello,

ForDebating.com is in beta and you can currently complete 1v1, and 2v2 formal debates. Up to 16-man tournament debates should be completed in the near future. Wed love to have you sign up (its FREE!!) and participate in some debates or forum discussions. We have some tutorials in the signature below that can walk you through how to create a debate. After completing 5 debates you will be considered a full member and can vote on others debates. So join up now so you can have full membership when beta ends and Elo really matters!

Thanks,
FD Staff

P.S. **debates and forum posts will not be deleted at the end of beta**
Primitivo

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 05:00:50 AM »

I would like to know if you have thought of these content yourself and can you help me understand more?
Coveny

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 07:21:21 AM »

I would like to know if you have thought of these content yourself and can you help me understand more?

I don't know that anything is "new" anymore. I tend to think at this point in history someone has already tried it before. The only difference is the way it's implemented, or personal ideas or inventions that build on top of other discoveries. How's the saying go? Something like "On the shoulders of great men"? So while the design of the website is mine, the idea of having a head to head debate has been done before, and of course debate teams are up and running around the world right now so 2v2 is paired down version of that. As far as the content of the debates, that's up to the users who are in the debate, Fordebating.com is just a free online debate website platform where people can go to debate. So if users are looking to debate politics, religion, science, money, or whatever they can come to FD and create a debate that another user joins (or they can invite someone to the debate) and then they make their cases. After they've used up the 2 to 6 rounds the creator of the debate set the debate closes and other users on the website vote for who won the debate. It's a great place to practice debating because unlike in a real life debate you can have anywhere from 1 day to 7 days to post your round in the debate, and unlike other formats there are a set number of rounds so the debate doesn't go on forever. (like Facebook debates tend to do)

We also have free cash prize debate tournaments, and hope to host premium debates down the road that could be politicians, scientist, famous debaters, etc. Right now FD is still in beta so tournaments are currently working, but we hope to have those up and running soon as well as other areas of the website.

Does that explain it better/answer your question?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: