College Policy Debate Forums
November 20, 2017, 07:48:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Controversy Paper Submission Information and Dates  (Read 4563 times)
stables
Administrator

« on: March 30, 2010, 05:27:49 PM »

Lots of questions for this information. The attachment has a full description of how proposals should be organized. Key dates are posted below.

•   Controversy Papers must be submitted by Monday, April 19th, 2010.
•   The topic selection committee will review these papers and submit a ballot to the community. The ballot will be open for a minimum of 14 days.
•   The winning controversy paper will be reviewed by the topic selection committee and the community. Wording Papers must be submitted by Friday, May 28th, 2010.
•   The topic meetings run from Friday June 4th through Sunday June 6th and are open to the public. We will also make efforts to provide regular information to the community not joining us in Ogden.

I will open a related thread for folks interested in disclosing what controversies they are working on.

Let me know if you have questions or concerns.

Gordon

* Controversy Paper Guidelines - updated for 2010.pdf (66.21 KB - downloaded 655 times.)

Gordon Stables
Assistant Dean for Student Affairs
Director of Debate & Forensics
Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism
University of Southern California
stables
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 08:51:44 PM »

Just a reminder that the voting deadline for controversies is fast approaching.

A reminder about the first topic voting deadline - Balloting is available now and must be completed by midnight, May 12. Results will be announced on May 13.

There is a link at the top of the forums which allow you to vote. You need to login in at that site with you school's official login. If you don't have access to that information, but are voting for a member school please let Jeff Jarman know at jeffrey.jarman@wichita.edu

I am happy to help with anything else, so email me at stables@usc.edu if you have questions about the topics or voting process.

Thanks
Gordon

Gordon Stables
Assistant Dean for Student Affairs
Director of Debate & Forensics
Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism
University of Southern California
Malgor

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:00:04 AM »

please vote, people.

it's sad how few people vote about the resolution. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: