College Policy Debate Forums
November 18, 2017, 07:53:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Treaties Topic: Convention on Biological Diversity Section  (Read 8912 times)
kevin kuswa

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 09:55:51 AM »

Ryan,

Outstanding work organizing and compiling this.  I am working through the larger document and think there is a strong resolution in here (although it's not my favorite topic at this point), but I have one question:

Is there much room for topicality?  I know it depends on the stem, but however we go with the stem it doesn't look like topicality will play a big role if we select this topic.

For some that might be a great thing, but I always like some potential for topicality debates--even against affs that "seem topical" initially.

This does not mean I'm excited about debating the meaning of "space exploration" every round either, but just a comment on the types of debates we are looking at.

Thanks again--you were awesome on the topic committee last year and you've now outdone even yourself! A 160 page topic paper is pretty sick even if a lot of folks chipped in (good work, all).

Kevin

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: