College Policy Debate Forums
October 23, 2018, 06:11:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Vince Binder  (Read 35969 times)
SherryHall

« on: April 19, 2010, 04:12:43 PM »

For members of the debate community that are not on Facebook, I will cross-post the messages about Vince Binder here.

Vince, who debated for Jupiter High School and later at the University of Florida, Florida State University and the University of West Georgia, and was currently serving as a debate coach at Florida State University has been missing since April 2.  Last week reports linked Vince's disappearance with three escaped fugitives from a Louisiana prison that had been arrested in Miami.  Today, the news out of Tallahassee is reporting that one of the fugitives has admitted that they kidnapped, robbed and killed Vince.  The details are still pretty sketchy and Vince's body has not been found, but many members of the community are starting to grieve for Vince.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 01:25:17 PM by SherryHall » Logged
SherryHall

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 04:14:46 PM »

From Gordon Stables:

No words to really express how sad and senseless this all is. Our deepest thoughts and prayers with you and all whose life was better because of Vince.
SherryHall

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 04:16:18 PM »

Joshua Hoe :
If the news is true, and I certainly hope it is not, it is another sad day for our community as we lose another great person. I knew Vince to be a fun and great person and very talented debater and coach. RIP to Vince Binder and all my thoughts are with his family and close friends today
SherryHall

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 04:16:44 PM »

Sue Peterson:
  It is at these times that we can begin to question humanity, but for every violent, tragic and disturbing event, there are many more peaceful, joyful and confirming actions from one person to another - let's not forget those. Let's honor Vince's memory and Joe and Amro's courage by doing good and adding value - by being the antithesis of this violence.
SherryHall

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 04:17:17 PM »

Gordon Stables:
 Words fail to express the sadness when a bright and shining light is dimmed. All we can do is keep that light in our hearts to honor the way they inspired us.
SherryHall

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 04:17:49 PM »

Matt Gerber:

Sorry to hear the news about Vince...a big loss for many, many people. I know the Baylor debate crew is thinking about his friends and family.
SherryHall

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 04:18:28 PM »

Dan Bagwell  :

what a strange, sad year for debate. RIP Vince.
SherryHall

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 04:18:57 PM »

Suneet Gautam :

its hard to make sense of it all when something so senseless can happen to someone so good.. RIP VB..
SherryHall

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 04:19:34 PM »

Josh Gonzalez:
 So very sad and without the words or thoughts to ever understand something like this. All that I keep thinking about is how incredibly unfair and capricious life can be and how lucky I am that Vince, all of the other friends that we've lost this year, and all of the rest of my great big, extended family have been a part of my life, and I a part of theirs. Rest in peace, buddy, it is a privilege to call you my friend.
SherryHall

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 04:20:14 PM »

Scott Herndon :

RIP Vince. My thoughts ate with his friends and family
SherryHall

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 04:20:49 PM »

Christian Sedelmyer :

Thinking of Vince, his family & friends.
SherryHall

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 04:21:25 PM »

Michael Davis :

is glad he got to hang out with Vince at CEDA and wishes he could do it again.
SherryHall

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 04:21:55 PM »

Seungwon Chung :

My thoughts are with all of Vince‚Äôs friends and family. RIP Vince
SherryHall

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 04:22:24 PM »

Paul Mabrey :

thoughts and prayers go out to Vince his friends and families. Just sad.
SherryHall

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 04:22:53 PM »

David Register :

This is tragic. My thoughts are with Vince and his family and friends.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: