College Policy Debate Forums
December 13, 2018, 05:13:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EPA Earth Day Debate Series  (Read 2236 times)
repko

« on: April 20, 2010, 05:43:14 PM »

On Earth Day (this Thursday, April 22nd), The Environmental Protection Agency and The Smithsonian will co-host The Earth Day Debate Series.

They have invited four college debate programs to publicly debate pressing environmental topics.

The first debate will run from 10:30am-12:30pm.

The University of Mary Washington will debate Michigan State University on the subject of the Clean Water Restoration Act and public participation in water policy.

The second debate will run from 2:00pm-4:00pm.

Harvard University will debate The University of Southern California over whether the EPA should set binding limits on US carbon emissions that are consistent with the 2010 Copenhagen principles.

Both debates take place in the Baird Auditorium (located within the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History).

Admission is free and open to the public -- please join us. If you cannot, help us inform parties in the DC area that you sense might be interested.

If you have not seen one of these public-style debates, let me say that they are very different -- but still fairly cool.

Best,

Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: