College Policy Debate Forums
November 22, 2017, 07:46:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register CEDA caselist Debate Results Council of Tournament Directors Edebate Archive  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Controversy Expert to Speak at Weber State Friday June 4th @ 6:30 PM  (Read 3579 times)
vguevara

« on: May 15, 2010, 02:32:43 PM »

As a special public event, WSU Debate is hosting a presentation by Chris Newman at 6PM on June 4th, the evening before the Topic Committee Meeting begins.  It will be hosted on the Weber State campus in 200 Elizabeth Hall. 

Chris Newman is a former University of Iowa debater-turned-civil rights attorney.  He is now the Legal Director for the National Day Laborer Organzing Committee, a civil rights group that works closely with the Department of Justice to have Maricopa County Sheriff, Joe Arapio, charged for violating federally protected civil rights of Hispanic detainees.

http://www.ndlon.org/

Light refreshments will be served at 6:00 PM with a one hour presentation to commence at 6:30 PM.

In attendance will be WSU debaters, students, faculty, and administrators.

We would like your help to make sure every seat in Elizabeth Hall 200 is full.

Please join us.  Transportation will be provided for those without rental vehicles.

A reminder for anyone hoping to join us in Ogden, the hotel block expires on Monday.  Details can be found under CEDA News.
Ermo

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 08:00:11 PM »

I'm confused...I thought the topic meetings began earlier on June 4th, not the day after. Am I incorrect about this?
Ermo
vguevara

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 09:52:37 PM »

You are right Ermo. I misspoke, err..mistyped. 

Mike Davis has a schedule posted under the CEDA News thread that confirms this. The Executive Committee meets the 2nd and 3rd and the Topic Committe Meeting begins the morning of the 4th. Chris Newman will be speaking the evening of the 4th, as that was the only time that worked into his schedule.

Thanks for helping clarify any confusion.   Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: