College Policy Debate Forums
October 16, 2018, 10:56:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remembering Ross  (Read 8983 times)
SherryHall

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 05:05:03 AM »

Adrienne Brovero --> Jayne Craig-Smith:

Missing him with you. Thank you for sharing Ross with us, and thank you for being an important part of our debate family. Love and hugs from Adrienne, Judd & Bella.
SherryHall

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 05:06:19 AM »

Alan Coverstone:

‎"Now don't you go in there with your head hung down, moping and feeling sorry for yourself. You keep your head up and let everyone know that you realize life goes on, and you don't want the whole room wondering why you are so self-absorbed." (Ross to me, March 1989)
SherryHall

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2010, 05:07:06 AM »

Raja Gaddipati:

You gave me similar advice approximately ten years later - June 1999, Phoenix - though under much less significant circumstances than your senior year at the NDT. Hope you are alright.
kellyj994

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 08:53:10 PM »

I think your idea of thanking someone in the community today is an extremely important and powerful one. I would start with you but I know I have already told you just how much I learned from you and have looked up to you. Like many other challenges you have presented to the community, thank you for this one. I am certainly thinking about you, Ross, and our whole community today.

I also think so.

Adri

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 03:46:39 PM »

A bunch of us have been sharing memories again today.

Thought I'd re-share my request from prior summers -

I know some of you may only know me from the time I asked you to start your round, the preset I judged you, or the time I asked you to let us see the plan text, but I am going to ask a favor of you. Take a moment today to reach out and thank someone in the debate community for being a part of it. It would mean a lot to me, and to those whose lives Ross touched.

If you need a place to start, here's an idea from Ross, in one of his last posts to Edebate: http://cedadebate.org/pipermail/mailman/2009-April/077250.html

Thanks to everyone for reading, and thank you for being part of this community.

-Adri

« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:52:19 PM by Adri » Logged
jgonzo

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 05:33:12 PM »

I'm in car, driving to Texas with my fiancÚ to go start a new debate program. I have a graduate degree, a calling, and an amazingly bright future. I owe it all to Ross. I still miss you every day, coach.
repko

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 11:16:50 PM »

...Ross loved golf.

Ernie Els was his favorite golfer.

I am not sure why -- Ross had weird favorites...

... Since he loved them all, it's a little hard to say if the British Open was Ross' favorite golf tourney -- but, b/c it happened during the Wake camp, I have heard many stories about how the British Open was as celebrated as any any major golf tourney. I would be at the SDI and get a phone call scolding me "for not watching this"...

Today, Ernie Els won a slightly-crazy British Open... and it certainly felt like a great Ross moment..

Ross, you are missed -- but still making us laugh... and still inspiring us to be better.

Best,

Will

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: