College Policy Debate Forums
December 11, 2018, 11:52:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Wayne State Motor City Classic, October 30-November 1  (Read 1952 times)
kelly young

« on: July 26, 2010, 05:17:53 PM »

Greetings,

The 2010 Wayne State Motor City Classic tournament will be October 30-November 1 this year. This places us against Harvard, but we obviously don't seek to compete with the prestigious Harvard tournament (and grand Halloween contest). However, we are offering the tournament as an option for a solid opportunity for novice, JV and up and rising varsity teams to compete at a good regional tournament and perhaps qualify for Wake.

We will be offering the same hospitality as always (deep dish pizza and Mediterranean feast lunches, breakfast each day). We will offer 8 rounds of competition and will clear 1/2 of the field as per CEDA/ADA rules. The tournament will follow ADA rules. I will confirm hotel information this week. We hope to have the Hyatt for around $100 again this year, but more on that will be coming soon.

Updates and all information will be posted on http://www.wsuforensics.org/tournaments.htm as they come.

Kelly Young

Director of Forensics/Associate Professor
Wayne State University
313-577-2953
kelly.young [at] wayne.edu
www.wsuforensics.org
gretastahl

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 07:16:36 AM »

The MSU team would like to know if this year's scheduling will mean the reinstatement of the annual Halloween contest?

Greta
kelly young

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 03:12:37 PM »

It will. I included discussion of it in the invite already. We will be happy to see MSU in costume.

Kelly

Director of Forensics/Associate Professor
Wayne State University
313-577-2953
kelly.young [at] wayne.edu
www.wsuforensics.org
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: