College Policy Debate Forums
July 16, 2018, 04:32:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tournament Announcements 10/28  (Read 2567 times)
SherryHall

« on: October 28, 2009, 05:49:25 AM »

Greetings Everyone:

I have a few last minute tournament announcements.

First, I wanted to clarify the information about the costume contest.  The contest will be judged from the start of lunch through the start of round 4 on Saturday (which is actually Halloween).  You  must wear your costume during this time period to be considered.  The winners will be announced at the party on Sunday night at the hotel.

Second, I am sad to report that we will not have the boiled crawfish available for Saturday lunch.  When I went to order them from Louisiana, I learned that fresh crawfish are not in season now and therefore not available.  My apologies.

Third, the weather is looking pretty good.  We are expecting temps near 70 on Saturday and 60 on Sunday.  There is a chance of rain late on Saturday night, but that shouldn't interfere with our good times.

Fourth, the Holiday Inn in Somerville has a very nice, large, indoor swimming pool and hot tub.  Back in the day when this used to be our tournament hotel, several people took advantage of the pool, especially on Monday.  You might want to pack a swim suit.

Fifth, if you are driving and would like information on purchasing parking permits for Saturday, send an email to Sherry requesting details.  While there is not a lot very close to the yard, there are a couple not too far away.  I can send you details on purchasing a permit on line.  You should be okay parking anywhere on Sunday as Sundays are parking anarchy days.

Sixth, we have arranged once again to give you an extra hour during the tournament -- between Saturday night and Sunday morning.  You may use this hour however you wish, though I would recommend sleeping. We will remind you of this on Saturday so you don't waste it arriving at campus an hour early Sunday morning.

We look forward to seeing you all this weekend.

Sherry, Dallas and the Harvard Debate Council

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: