College Policy Debate Forums
December 16, 2018, 12:42:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING LOGGING IN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY.  EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR USE THE CONTACT US LINK AT THE TOP.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few pleas regarding the caselist wiki  (Read 2177 times)
jgonzo

« on: September 12, 2010, 08:36:17 PM »

Since I volunteered to handle caselist and scouting duties for GSU, I have a few requests from people who are posting to the opencaselist:

1. If you are using paperless, don't just hit the cites macro and assume that it magically makes your formatting mistakes better. A number of the people that have been posting this weekend seemed to have neglected to properly format their files, the result being that the macro also gave us the first and last few words of their TAGS. This is likely caused by the lack of anything using the "cite" style. Whatever the cause, please take a moment to look over the cites that you are handing over or posting, such that you do not have to take the time to go and fix it later. By "you," I actually mean "I," as in "Gonzo, the guy who's going to have to fix your cites and then will absolutely devastate your points later when he judges you." OK, I won't actually devastate your points...maybe.

2. If you aren't using paperless, you probably do your work in word anyway. If you do, you could save everybody a lot of time by at least collapsing down the cites in your 1NC shells and your H1-B frontlines (judging by the Gonzaga caselist, you'll be reading it on day 1) and having them handy for the fine folks who will be making the caselist.

3. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE paste info into the wiki in plan text formatting. Anything else makes a catastrophe out of it. A couple of levels worth of headers CAN work, but for the sake of most of our collective sanity, PLEASE use plain text. It's really easy.

Thanks,

Joshua Gonzalez (Gonzo)
GSU Caselist Goon Squad Director
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: