Author Topic: 5th year rule  (Read 2907 times)

Malgor

5th year rule
« on: November 09, 2010, 05:45:43 PM »
At our district meeting (D3) we were told there is talk about changing the fifth year rule.  What procedure must people go through to change the rule? Also, where/when/to whom will squads get to voice their opinions on this issue?

I thought it was strange that Ermo had already heard about it, but I couldn't find any public record or discussions on the matter.  I assume that means it is a long way from even being a working proposal.

For those who are suggesting the change, what are the rationales?  When will this issue be discussed and voted on?

SherryHall

Re: 5th year rule
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 06:35:15 PM »
It is my understanding that this might be on the agenda for the NDT Committee meeting at Wake.  I don't know if there is any specific proposal yet.  You could email Tim O'Donnell, as the chair of the committee, and ask him if there are any specific proposals on the agenda.  You can come to the meeting and voice your opinion, or talk to your district chair.

Sherry

Ermo

Re: 5th year rule
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 07:31:20 PM »
The NDT Committee typically meets 3 times a year: The NDT, Northwestern (this time at Kentucky instead), and NCA (this time at Wake instead). Meetings are open, although they often happen during a round.

Any change to the standing rules requires either a 2/3 majority or a simple majority in two separate academic years. http://groups.wfu.edu/NDT/Documents/ndtrules.html

Each District has a voting representative on the committee, and sometimes votes are delayed until the next meeting to allow representatives to consult with their districts. There is generally an agenda distributed a few days in advance of the meeting.